• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well, I say good so far. I have picked up a few firearms through ARMSLIST and have been quite happy with the deals.

I just picked this up yesterday. It was advertised as a Mosin and it is a Finn M91 with a stepped barrel. I don't have any Finns so snatched this up for a good price. They are supposed to be nicer but this has a frosty bore that I have not tried to clean yet.

finn2j.jpg

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Armslist is hit or miss......the issue with it is that you have a LOT of firearms ignorant people that visit it.....so this causes 1. many people think that their firearm is worth more than the price of a new on and 2. on the selling end, you get guys that don't know where to go for good prices and so you can actually sell a used firearm for the price of a new one because many people that shop there, simply don't know or just don't shop anywhere else....

on the other hand, there are some that due put fair prices on their items and sometimes you can come across those once in a lifetime deals because a guy just needs money.....like I said hit or miss

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    ARMSLIST craigslist ebay etc. Its all the same, buyer must beware

That's true everywhere. Even here. although not as much obviously. I put things on Armslist about a week after the INGO ad. Just gives a little extra eyes seeing it. I peruse AL regularly looking for a good deal or something on the wish list for a price I like. I picked up a '90 226 there about a year ago for 450 after talking him down a bit. That was a good deal. It was almost immaculate, and the gentlemen was a good guy to deal with. We still e-mail each other whenever we consider parting with a gun to see if the other is interested...

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    What's not to like? Trade offers for subwoofers and playstations, rims, etc. Ads railing against other ads for posting trades for subwoofers, playstations, etc. It's great!

I use to do business on Armslist but quit after the most baited offer made from a guy in MO. He wanted me to meet him in exactly 5 miles inside IL to sell a handgun. That alone would break about 5 federal laws. And told him I would pass, but he told me not to worry, he was in law enforcement. I believed him and I'm quite sure if I met him his jacket and hat would have ATF on it!

Thus, I affectionately call the site "Prisonlist" now.

I stick with INGO and Gunbroker.

ben992

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Spencer County
    What's not to like? Trade offers for subwoofers and playstations, rims, etc. Ads railing against other ads for posting trades for subwoofers, playstations, etc. It's great!

I use to do business on Armslist but quit after the most baited offer made from a guy in MO. He wanted me to meet him in exactly 5 miles inside IL to sell a handgun. That alone would break about 5 federal laws. And told him I would pass, but he told me not to worry, he was in law enforcement. I believed him and I'm quite sure if I met him his jacket and hat would have ATF on it!

Thus, I affectionately call the site "Prisonlist" now.

I stick with INGO and Gunbroker.

You forgot the occasional lawnmower....

I had a guy in Indy that wanted me to ship an AR lower to him USPS. I accused him of being a fed and he said, he wasn't one. I said "all the feds say that" :):

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    I've bought one gun off of armslist and I had a positive experience. I got a good price on a gun and a little confidence the gun wasn't stolen (receipt with gun SN# and the sellers full name and LTCH # listed).

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    You forgot the occasional lawnmower....

I had a guy in Indy that wanted me to ship an AR lower to him USPS. I accused him of being a fed and he said, he wasn't one. I said "all the feds say that" :):

Yes, I did forget that one. I also remember some guy with an email address opening up the yard sale on me for a peice I wanted to sell. Ring a bell Ben992:laugh:

Top Bottom