• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    So I placed a rifle on armslist and INGO and the first response I had gotten was from a gentlemen that seemed a little too anxious for me.... My corresponding with him went as follows after he sent me his phone number:

Me: I have the FN Scar clone, were you wanting to just pay cash outright or trade plus cash?? What side of town are you located??

Him: Hello... Pay cash... I just moved here about a month ago... I'm near 56th & Lafayette.. Are you familiar with that?

Me: Yes I am

Him: Can I pick it up now? We can meet somewhere?

Me: Do you know where 56th & Michigan Rd is?

Him: Yes

Me: There is a Shell Gas Station on the corner that I could meet you at... My cash price is $625

Him: Alright I'm leaving now... I'll be in a 2012 Charger

Me: I'll be on my way in about 10 minutes... Do you have a valid Indiana driver's license and an Indiana License to Carry a Handgun??

Him: I don't... But they said when its a private sale I don't need one... That's how I bought my gun this past weekend at the gun expo... I just have my California license... Are we still a go?

Me: Sorry but I have to cover my ass... You need a valid IN drivers license to prove you are an Indiana resident and a License to carry to prove you are not a felon... Sorry bud

Him: No worries, thanks though

Okay INGO.... What are your thoughts on this back and forth between the potential buyer.... What would you have done in this situation??

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Wonder who sold him at the 1500??? My guess would be a private individual "aisle walker". Can't believe a dealer would sell him.???:dunno:

Chapparal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    B'town
    If you still have the piece I would re-connect with the person. Arrange to meet at a FFL location and do the transfer. You would be covered and he would be rewarded for full price offer and fastest response.

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    My thoughts exactly... He stated that he just moved here so I'm assuming that an FFL transfer wouldn't be possible... Also the ISSC MK22 I'm selling wouldn't meet CA requirements on mag cap... So :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That smell is not warm summer ran. You were on point. He may have been a good guy but these days, LEO and those who would do harm are everywhere.

Top Bottom