• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    It's a sticking point, but easily argued. They make rules for a reason and the ACoE doesn't define loaded in their code. I wonder if it could be argued that since IC doesn't apply to ACoE property than neither does this definition.

FINALLY...us panty wastes that carry empty chambered are the smart ones!

Lastly, I love that the acronym for I Am Not A Lawyer is always, in my mind, read as:

I ANAL

While it is true that the IC does not govern the ACoE properties it does still apply since it IS still Indiana soil and not owned by the feds.

I would never call someone who carries with an empty chamber smart- but that is a different thread.

I figure anyone typing out enough law code to be confused as a lawyer while they are not probably IS anal so it fits either way. ;)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It's a sticking point, but easily argued. They make rules for a reason and the ACoE doesn't define loaded in their code. I wonder if it could be argued that since IC doesn't apply to ACoE property than neither does this definition.

FINALLY...us panty wastes that carry empty chambered are the smart ones!

Lastly, I love that the acronym for I Am Not A Lawyer is always, in my mind, read as:

I ANAL
    I think the, "what constitutes loaded?" issue in this case is a moot point because according to ACOE regs you cannot even possess ammunition unless it is exempt under certain conditions.

§ 327.13 Explosives, firearms, other weapons and fireworks.
    (a) The possession of loaded firearms, ammunition, loaded projectile firing devices, bows and arrows, crossbows, or other
    weapons is prohibited unless:
    (1) In the possession of a Federal, state or local law enforcement officer;
    (2) Being used for hunting or fishing as permitted under §327.8, with devices being unloaded when transported to, from or
    between hunting and fishing sites;
    (3) Being used at authorized shooting ranges; or
    (4) Written permission has been received from the District Commander.
    (b) Possession of explosives or explosive devices of any kind, including fireworks or other pyrotechnics, is prohibited unless
    written permission has been received from the District Commander.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    SR 66 runs thru Corps property at the Cannelton Dam and alongside the Newburgh Dam. We can't even stop in and use their (our) facilities while carrying.

abraham743

Marksman
    Rating - 98.1%
    51   1   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    Indy SS
    So if I can carry while hunting ...... I guess it is coyote or crow season a large portion of the year. I have had many encounters with co's while camping and hunting on acoe managed properties, all have been positive and I was carrying every time. I was never even asked if I had a ltch. Guess I have been fortunate

Arickosmo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Indy
    FWIW, I uh know someone who lost a firearm on ACoE property. It was returned unquestioned, other than ownership via serial #. I'm not totally convinced that
    DNR is aware of this ACoE law or that they simply don't care.

Trolls enjoy, and I'll ignore you anyway. If you're here, and you believe as I do that a GUN is a tool, yet you troll...well, I hope you're a better shot than I am.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    FWIW, I uh know someone who lost a firearm on ACoE property. It was returned unquestioned, other than ownership via serial #. I'm not totally convinced that
    DNR is aware of this ACoE law or that they simply don't care.

Trolls enjoy, and I'll ignore you anyway. If you're here, and you believe as I do that a GUN is a tool, yet you troll...well, I hope you're a better shot than I am.
    :scratch:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I just stumbled across this thread. I think the letter campaign out to be to our congressmen. It's one thing to prohibit carrying on military bases, courts, 'sterile' parts of airports, but to criminalize carrying in places like lake Monroe is BULL****! If the 2A applies to any branch of gov't it's the fed. govt. This is a clear case of unconstitutional over-reach that wrongly puts citizens in jeopardy. Those asshats always seem to forget that they're supposed to be public servants--not the other way around!

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Yes. Last August someone got a denial. I think they postd the letter, but it doesn't seem to appear anymore.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2012
    Tippecanoe County
    Does anyone know who the correct contact person would be for LBL in KY? I assume they would be based out the Louisville office, but I could not turn up a name and contact info. I'll be down there next week and would be interested to see if they are still willing to "look the other way" or if the injunction out west has had any influence.

Top Bottom