• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joseph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    cambridge city
    So I just sold my wasr and im looking to upgrade. Looked at saigas with a full conversion and I like them but no one seems to have any In Stock so I think ill go the arsenal slr 107 or Sam7 root. My question Is simply should I wait to save some more cash and get a sam7 or go woth a slr and be done with it. Thankfully my cash can go right into the rifle because I still have a bunch of ammo. just looking for some guidelines, they look like the same rifle one is just milled. Plus I read a few negative things on the slr qc problems anyone know about this?

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    For a shooter AK i'd want something less collectable than a sam7 or any other milled AK. I'd go with the SLR assuming its not the 107-60 series.

kolob10

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Beautiful Southern Indiana
    I have a Sam7 and it is without question the most accurate AK I have owned. If you want a blaster, just buy another WASR. If you want reliability plus accuracy, Buy the Sam7. Mine will pop a 6" target at 100 yards with monotonous regularity using stock sights and junk ammo. Getting serious from the bench with good ammo will usually get me 2 1/2" at 100. Thats about my limit using iron sights at that range. Good shooting!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Ironically I have both an SLR-107CR and a SAM7SF-84. Between the two, as it sits right now, if I could only keep one it would be the SAM7. The action is smoother, it noticeably more accurate, and feels solid as a rock. Felt recoil is also noticeably less on the SAM7. Don't get me wrong I love my SLR-107 and I plan on doing an SBR conversion on it someday. The 107CR comes SBR ready, just need paper work done and someone to cut & crown the barrel and after that it will be hard for me to choose. But for right now I vote for a SAM7.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I'm going to echo what VitaminK said. IMO, the only thing a milled AK does better than a stamped one is retain heat and weigh more. My SLR AK's are my favorites I've ever owned. For the price, your not going to find a better rifle.

Joseph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    cambridge city
    Thanks for the info guys. I guess I have a decision to make. I certainly do not need the extra weight cause ill be running a course that me and my shooting buddies set up every year and max range is 100 so I need to think on it a bit but thanks for the info

Joseph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    cambridge city
    Well I just picked one up on gun broker. Low round count sam7r for 956 which is a little less than I was going to spend on a slr. Now I have to patiently wait for the bastard to come in. Im pretty pumped I got it for that price gotta love auction s. Just praying all is as described and what not.

Joseph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    cambridge city
    Well here it is guys. I got a hogue grip and arsenal ak74 muzzle break and put those on it. Now I just need to take it out and put a few hundred rounds through it. After shipping transfer and the new parts im sitting right at 1100 bucks so im stoked. Not sure if ill do anything else to it yet but optics are calling my name

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    Well here it is guys. I got a hogue grip and arsenal ak74 muzzle break and put those on it. Now I just need to take it out and put a few hundred rounds through it. After shipping transfer and the new parts im sitting right at 1100 bucks so im stoked. Not sure if ill do anything else to it yet but optics are calling my name

as long as you know that milled aks are harder to find optic mounts.

Top Bottom