Article from today's rally. Very hateful comments towards gun owners.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Another thought that just crossed my mind about the whole "intimidation" factor and the article specifically saying "men with loaded rifles".

I was asked by a reporter if my rifle was loaded, I said yes. Apparently this came as a surprise to him. If he expected and thought it to be unloaded, I can only presume that was the common opinion of most there. This statement aired on the news well after the rally was over. How can someone feel intimidated by something that happened in the past? How does that work? Is there such thing as retro-active intimidation?

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    The comments are laughable.

Their minds are made up. The facts are irreverent. I especially like the guy saying that cities with the tightest gun control laws have the lowest gun crime. I didn't realize Chicago was a shining beacon of support for the 2A....or DC

You are using logic, and not emotion. Therefore, your thought process is obviously flawed.

The statistics don't matter. The facts don't matter. The only thing that matters is the biological mother getting on TV and crying because her kid was shot while she was busy watching Jersey Shore, while her kid was out banging and getting into trouble. "Why can't you guys make crimes more punishable, or make it a crime to even...."

It's a never ending charade, and scare tactic. They try to distract the general public, and get them to empathize with the "victims" family to push their draconian agenda.

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Ugh, this stuff just makes me crazy. The media is going to spin it in whatever direction gets the best ratings.

At least you had better trigger discipline than the bearded wonder on the latest anti gun commercial...

If you look closely his finger is actually behind the trigger guard. Go full screen on the video and you can clearly see it. But regardless this guy was more than likely just an actor paid by the great mayor of NYC

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I'm sorry I missed today. I saw your handsome face on the news and yes you were slinging that rifle just like you have at all the other rallies I have seen you at before.

I have sat and read for about an hour or so the comments from that article. I don't know whether to laugh or cry
    Thanks. :):

I have read through the comments as well, and even though some of them are downright hateful, I have chosen not to respond. I am not stooping to their level, and I am definitely not going to try to defend John, myself and the actual events that took place with those who feel that name calling and insults are the proper way to try and make a point. It is what it is, and I will just keep on doing the same thing I have done at every rally I have attended.

A lot of people say you shouldn't OC at these rallies, let alone carry a long gun. I see that as counter-productive. Why go to a pro-Rights rally and not exercise the Right you are supporting? A person with a sign and a handgun on their hip just looks like a person with a sign, but a person with a rifle and a sign looks like a person with a rifle. You are almost guaranteed to get a second look, inviting the person to actually read the sign and get the message.

I can only imagine what they would say if they found out I had evil, hollow point boolits loaded in my rifle...

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The comments are laughable.

Their minds are made up. The facts are irreverent. I especially like the guy saying that cities with the tightest gun control laws have the lowest gun crime. I didn't realize Chicago was a shining beacon of support for the 2A....or DC

You are so right. Minds are made up and facts are meaning less. They don't care that Lanza broke so many laws it isn't funny, and they didn't stop him. Theft, murder of his mother, taking a firearm into a gun free zone, taking a firearm into a school, being under 21 in possession of handguns, and in Connecticut long guns, auto theft, I can go on but I am preaching to the choir.

You can't convince those who cannot learn that adding more laws would not have stopped what happened. They seem to forget, and the news media has it buried, that the Columbine murders took place smack dab in the middle of the very type of assault weapon and magazine capacity ban these morons want, and as usual, they fail to learn from history.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Read the comments, I think I am near stroke level now. I am growing tired of presenting facts and logic to these idiots. They are always the first to resort to name calling, and wishing death to those that they don't agree with. Sometimes I would just like to respond with a hearty F You.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Read the comments, I think I am near stroke level now. I am growing tired of presenting facts and logic to these idiots. They are always the first to resort to name calling, and wishing death to those that they don't agree with. Sometimes I would just like to respond with a hearty F You.
    Exactly why I am staying out of it.

It's a bit funny how these people condemn me for my actions, yet they say I should be shot.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Exactly why I am staying out of it.

It's a bit funny how these people condemn me for my actions, yet they say I should be shot.

You're dealing with the same mentally challenged people that cry "gun control for the children" yet arm doctors with scalpels and syringes to carry out a "woman's choice" in cold murder.

Sick people out there sir. I applaud you for standing up to them in a gentleman like fashion. An armed population is a polite one. :patriot:

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Apparently this is just going nuts. I'm not a Twitterer, but I've been told a lot of people are talking about it. It's too bad it is a horrible account of what happened.

I did, however, get acknowledged by Rashida Jones on Twitter. Too bad I would have liked to see her naked, but she thinks I'm a bully and my chances have drastically been reduced. Oh well.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    A member of Moms Demand Action said that she felt unsettled by their presence and said that the organizers would have to think twice before holding another event...

Good, saves time arguing with those who live by stupidity.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Apparently this is just going nuts. I'm not a Twitterer, but I've been told a lot of people are talking about it. It's too bad it is a horrible account of what happened.

I did, however, get acknowledged by Rashida Jones on Twitter. Too bad I would have liked to see her naked, but she thinks I'm a bully and my chances have drastically been reduced. Oh well.

Oh lawdy, did she think Tupac was a bully when he was engaged to her sister Kidada? If I was into the whole Twitter thing, I would have been compelled to ask her. And the comments there made me feel much better about the idiots I'm friends (fairly decent people even though they have irrational fears) on Facebook. So much schlong talk and ignorance I feel a brain tumor coming on.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I like the comment from the one anti-gun supporter who, even though they are against gun violence, suggest that the "intimidators" should have been "shot on sight".

braggracing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Grant County
    I understand why you OC and I know that no matter what your doing you'll never convince the people on the other side of the street, or the jackasses on the website. But those are not the people that are swinging the polls back in our favor. Those people that are swinging the polls are low information for the most part, just a quick clip on tv, facebook, or twitter is what many base their decisions on unfortunately. And the headlines saying "man intimidates" with a picture of a man standing in front of a woman does us no good IMO. Not saying you were anything but cordial but you know going in what the media bias will be going in.CC would be better, I think. But, that is a beautiful machine you're holding there

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Bravo good sir. I would rep you more but I'm all out.

I would have loved to make it down there. I could have OCd my hi-point. ;)

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    ...As for 99% of the comments, I feel anyone who must resort to name calling and insults has no valid argument or opinion to add to a conversation. They lose all credit, and I award them no points.

I wholeheartedly agree that name calling = no valid argument. Sadly, a lot of the name-calling in the comments was from pro-2A folks. We often see the same kind of thing here on INGO (calling people libtards, baby killers, etc.). In order to be taken seriously, we need to hold ourselves to a higher standard.

Top Bottom