• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    "proved" or "theorized"?

EDIT: They were theorems, which are just accepted as fact based on other known unproven facts. So in all honesty like thousands of theorems of the past it can still be disproven in time if enough things changed.
    The majority of the scientific community accepted his conclusions that an oracle will always needed. I would call his work a scientific law

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I would say free will
    ...but how could you tell?

Is choosing between 2 things free will or simply execution of a program that calls for random decision between 2 choices when the two are close enough that there is not a clearly "better" choice?

If you want to convince me a machine is sentient, I'm going to have to see it ignore all logical and reasonable information and consciously make a horrible choice based solely upon the spatial parameters of the gluteal and/or mammary areas.

Last edited:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    We teach the AI what busses are. Apples are. Bicycles are. Ect everyone we do a captiva prove your not a robot proof.

We teach Siri and Alexa every time we speak to them.

Maybe the unibomber was correct.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    As fast as computers operate, if one became sentient, it would have already exterminated us.
    Wait, wait, hear me out...

What if there IS a sentient AI in the cloud, but the way it was programmed it developed a troll personality, and instead of exterminating us outright, it decided to play with us all first. Everything we're seeing in our world right now that seems so crazy and unbelievable, between politicians wantonly and openly destroying our nation and all the insanity being pushed in our media and academia, is the result of this AI having figured out how to rig our elections, our media platforms, and our school systems, and now it's just messing with us.

Think about it. It all makes sense now!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    ...but how could you tell?

Is choosing between 2 things free will or simply execution of a program that calls for random decision between 2 choices when the two are close enough that there is not a clearly "better" choice?

If you want to convince me a machine is sentient, I'm going to have to see it ignore all logical and reasonable information and consciously make a horrible choice based solely upon the spatial parameters of the gluteal and/or mammary areas.
    “John Piper wants to put me away because I believe in possibilities and that’s not ok”
    -Showbread

Wait, wrong thread?

Top Bottom