• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    After years of bitter squabbling with the Italian government Beretta is set to release the ARX-100 (missing an enormous spike in sales).

I have handled the ARX-100 several times and want to like it. I'd like to shoot it before purchase but considering what I already have it is a tough rationalization . . . but I feel I am up to the challenge.:D

Video at link, no beard on shooter and no yelling, so it is of dubious tactical value:

View From The Porch: The dollar hurdle...

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    So it will now be a battle between the SCAR, ACR, XCR, ARX-100, and whatever else I am forgetting. Will be interesting to play with one of these.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Looks different. Being that I have several of the AR variety, I think I'd like to stray a little further and I'd like a Tavor before an ARX.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    So it will now be a battle between the SCAR, ACR, XCR, ARX-100, and whatever else I am forgetting.

Not so much. The ACR and XCR are pretty much dead, and an absurdly high sticker price is hindering the SCAR's popularity among Ordinary Earth People. There is plenty of room for a moderately priced Beretta ARX in the "Not an AR" lineup; no battle required. Honestly, I think the Tavor will be its toughest competition.

If I pay you on a Drive, Avenue, Boulevard, Parkway, Lane, or Court will the price be lower? What if I put on a tactical beard, will that lower the price?

No sir, you get the lawyer special price.

+50%. :)

My rational brain keeps piping up with "That's a 6920 and a PRO to put on it!"

If you look at the ARX as a direct competitor to a rack-grade AR, you'll never be able to justify the price. If you compare it to an AR with a similar feature set (gas piston operation, ambidextrous controls, quick-change barrel, accessory rails, folding stock), it begins to look more attractive.

Last edited:

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    Looks cool, but I have a Scar...love it. I will shoot someone else's lol, just like I let people shoot my scar at nfa day. Beside's that, I am not sure I like the stock profile. But, I would need to see one in person.

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    If you look at the ARX as a direct competitor to a rack-grade AR, you'll never be able to justify the price. If you compare it to an AR with a similar feature set (gas piston operation, ambidextrous controls, quick-change barrel, accessory rails, folding stock), it begins to look more attractive.

Yeah, but the only features on that list I'm moderately interested in are the switch-barrel feature and the folding stock. I don't care about being able to switch the charging handle and ejection port from side to side because I'm not liable to change handedness. I don't care about the gas-piston operation because I don't care if the bolt is operated by a piston or DI or little gremlins in the receiver running the BCG back and forth. 2/3rds of the rail I need is on a 6920 as it comes out of the box and I can scrounge the rest out of a box in the office here.

Meanwhile, if the new gun is going to be anything but a range toy, I need a gun #1, a backup gun in case gun #1 breaks, and a deuce-deuce trainer at a minimum, plus a reasonable amount of spare parts. That's a pretty steep startup cost.

That makes a new gun, be it SCAR or ARX, a pretty long run for a short slide. If I didn't already have a switch-barrel MGI AR, I might be a little more motivated to look into them, but as it is, it's going to have to wait until I hit an unexpected windfall or run across an opportunity to get the first one cheap.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    That makes a new gun, be it SCAR or ARX, a pretty long run for a short slide. If I didn't already have a switch-barrel MGI AR, I might be a little more motivated to look into them, but as it is, it's going to have to wait until I hit an unexpected windfall or run across an opportunity to get the first one cheap.

Sure sounds like it. Nothing wrong with that; I'm in the same place.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    No sir, you get the lawyer special price.

+50%. :)

Here you go, Kirk will be needing it.

fao440o.jpg

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    I know I'm late to the discussion but being a Beretta fan (first gun was Beretta just like 'em) I have fondled the ARX 160 but cannot find a ARX 100. Like the idea of switching out barrells to 300 AAC. Right now I'm in a mental battle between ARX and SCAR light. Suggestions please, your honesty is appreciated.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Beretta started shipping the ARX100 on the first of never. So far it is a very nice imaginary rifle. I just wish Beretta would stop making believe they are going to ship a rifle soon, when soon in Beretta-speak is about two years. They did the same thing for the CX4 Storm Carbine, and the followup shotgun never did make it to market (as a Beretta).

But as an avowed Beretta nut, I will faithfully wait until the ARX100 magically appears at my favorite dealer, and if I am still young enough to drive there, I will buy one.

Top Bottom