• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It might be a PR stunt but its working. I still cant beleive Obama got reelected after the lack of performance his first 4 years. These are the people that we are dealing with, we are a minority.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    In the past 2 weeks I can't even count on how many times I've heard the term "assault rifle", and each time it makes me cringe.

People fail to realize that it is just a rifle, a tool, until you decide to assault someone with it, which in most cases (especially after this recent run on gun stores) these rifles will be sitting in some safe or closet.

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It really irks me when journalists don't get there facts straight. Is there any integrity in the profession anymore? Wisconsin now allows concealed carry and even has reciprocity with Indiana. His remarks on Israel are way off.

draftyranger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Shelbyville IN
    I have been hearing the term "assault rifle" alot at work lately, even from gun guys! I have tried explaining to them that my AR's and AK's are not "assault rifles". My guns lack the full auto notch on the selector lever, hence they are not "assault rifles". I get blue in the face telling people this and most of them still dont get it! Thanks a lot media for brain washing these people!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Good article in general, but this is patently false:
    "a conceal and carry permit, which requires training in every state"

I only point this out because the anti crowd will look for any chink in the armor to exploit, so I think it's prudent to make sure that all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Good article in general, but this is patently false:
    "a conceal and carry permit, which requires training in every state"

I only point this out because the anti crowd will look for any chink in the armor to exploit, so I think it's prudent to make sure that all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed.

A better term might be requires a background check in every state.

As much as I believe in our right to carry just as a God given right it might hold more weight in the argument if we did have training for the permits. Maybe even offer 2 different permits for those who want one with training that would be accepted in more states. Many states have training and the requirements are very low. Many you don't even have to hit the target, just handle the gun safely. It mostly gives you classroom information a to your responsibilities to be safe, and when you are allowed to shoot by law. Our Indiana permit is not accepted in a few states simply because we don't receive training for ours. Florida offers a non resident permit that is good in more places than ours, and if you have military time they accept your DD214 as your training, it can all be done by mail.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    They chose a great picture to represent the gullible. Go Forbes!

300px-Piers_Morgan_-_2011_cropped1.jpg

Timcor3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Right, so if that kid used an old Marlin .22, it would be an "assault rifle" this works out like dogs, they went from Dobermans, to GSD's, Rottweilers and now pit bulls. "They are all evil".

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Anyone notice the "rocket launcher" that was supposedly turned in at the LA gun buybacK?

Rocket launchers turned in during L.A. gun buyback not functional - latimes.com

That's propoganda at its finest. Those AT-4 tubes ceased to be rocket launchers the instant they were fired, and are now just fiberglass tubes. The article makes it sound like if you had the proper ammo they'd be dangerous again, but AT-4s are designed to be disposable and are one use only.

The AT-4 tube is useless as anything but a conversation piece or an unwieldy club, but there's a lot of folks who don't' know any better and think a gun buyback actually got a rocket launcher off the streets...

Top Bottom