• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I find myself at a certain point now that I have no guns to trade, or sell... Yes there are guns out there that I still want (lever gun in.357, M-1 Garand, any gun in 45-70, full size 9mm, a quality 1911) That being said, I recently traded for a rifle I really like, and it will go to my son when I'm gone, the same with some I inherited I will never sell/trade. I'm a shooter, not a collector, so I have no guns that are not shot. Anyone else at this point too? Of course some day I might see THE trade I've wanted, but as of right now, I'm good. Just thought I'd see if I'm the only one.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I am at that point also. But I have worked at it getting to where I could be happy with what I have if nothing came along that I had to have. I am a wheel gun fan but they are getting very pricey and at 75 I have cut back on toys and just plan to injoy what I have. I shoot evey gun I own, some not as often but they all are in the rotation to the range.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Other than the Anzio Ironworks 20mm I'm saving up for, and some 10mm collectables I'd pick up if I saw a good price for, my collection is basically where I want it. As I shoot out barrels on some rifles I may upgrade rather than rebarrel. And once in a while something may come along that catches my eye, but my acquisition a couple of years ago of the Barret M82A1 was my last big "want." The Anzio is next, but I can't think of anything else I go "ooh, gotta have that."

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    The only revolvers I'd truly love to have are Smiths, but as you said they are pricey, I have a Security Six that I love, but it is not an S&W....still a great gun that will go to my son some day.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I'm there. Used to buy ,shoot , and trade whatever. With all these crazy panics I'm done! Sold everything off including hand loading equipment and started over. Everything gets shot, works as a system, has a purpose. No more fun shooting can't replace the ammo. Be shooting a lot more arrows, bb's, and sling shots this summer.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Apart from my little flintlock project, this is why I've kinda stopped buying gun stuff. It's just so expensive and so hard to find anything, and anything I do find I can't afford or find ammo to shoot. I've put everything on hold. Just can't justify paying 3x for ammo and 50%+ markup on guns.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My safe is full of personal pieces. I have had a hand in building or modifying every one of them. 1911's CZ's and ARs. Every one a custom at some level and I am proud of them all.
    This winter I am going through every one of them to finish them to the enth degree. Along with the current 1911 I am modifying just because.

I would sell a few if asked and have in the past but at the monetary involvement I have in them I may well be buried with them.

There is really no one to pass them on to. Life being what it is.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Nothing out there that I just have to have.
    If a Marlin 1894P in .44 mag came along for around $800 I would probably buy it.
    They were only made for two years, I do have a notification set up on gunbroker for them.
    They seem to sell for right around $1100 or so.
    I am hoping once all this settles down they will become sub 1k at some point.

Other than that I am set. I am both a shooter and a collector.
    I let two really nice AR's go recently on gunbroker, didn't think I would get the prices out of them locally.
    And I still think I am correct on that.
    BCM that was new in the box
    Colt near new, with only one 30 rnd. mag fired from it.

I still have 3 AR's that have never been fired.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Other than the Anzio Ironworks 20mm I'm saving up for, and some 10mm collectables I'd pick up if I saw a good price for, my collection is basically where I want it. As I shoot out barrels on some rifles I may upgrade rather than rebarrel. And once in a while something may come along that catches my eye, but my acquisition a couple of years ago of the Barret M82A1 was my last big "want." The Anzio is next, but I can't think of anything else I go "ooh, gotta have that."

Had to look that one up... and holy S I'm glad I did.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    My collection was supposed to be left to my kids, but, they seem to have lost interest.
    So, except for my NFA items on a trust, at some point, hopefully a few years down the road,, I may just have to start selling them off.
    My son in law is going to get the bulk and he can do what he wants.
    He is a trustee on the trust so he will take all my SBRs and suppressors.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Auctioned off with the proceeds going to charities. The proceeds of anything left after our lives is directed to the trust that cares for a couple of disabled family members. I think that is getting close to funded for their lifetimes, though, so we'll probably have to rethink plans and redirect some in the next few years.

I used to be pretty quick to trade off something I'd had for a while to get my latest must-have, but I'm now to the point where I mostly want to keep what I have. Maybe some of that is age; maybe some is that I have finally found what I like.

(I do have an old Keltec .380 that I plan to take with me the next time it feels sensible to attend a gun show, but it's more because I'm done with it than because I'm chasing a new shiny something.)

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I wouldn't say I'm solely a practical gun owner, simple because I don't have all the time I want to shoot. But I have since tapered down my desire to buy new firearms. Given the current state of unavailability I'm focused on buying ammo in slow but sure spurts. For now I'm not interested in any new calibers, and feel like all my hunting/SD/plinking bases are covered.

I have one rifle that I'd probably never sell. Anything else can go if I find someone I like who is willing to pay me what I want. In the event of my untimely demise I've got an inventory of sorts and have told my wife to follow that value sheet if she ever wants to sell anything.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I acquired some junk early on in my gun owning career that I have since sold or traded off. Pretty much everything I have now with one or two exceptions is stuff that fills a certain practical purpose or was just too cool to pass up. All of them get shot. I recently found another gun that I'd like to buy, and started looking in the safe to see what I could trade to fund it, and realized there isn't much left that I want to let go. It's not a bad place to be.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    I acquired some junk early on in my gun owning career that I have since sold or traded off. Pretty much everything I have now with one or two exceptions is stuff that fills a certain practical purpose or was just too cool to pass up. All of them get shot. I recently found another gun that I'd like to buy, and started looking in the safe to see what I could trade to fund it, and realized there isn't much left that I want to let go. It's not a bad place to be.
    I hear you. When you start off and LEARN more about the quality, price, reliability, and function, then you refine your quests. Some of the first ones I bought, I look back now and remember the reason. Most of the time it was what's the best you can afford at the time.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    My safe is full of personal pieces. I have had a hand in building or modifying every one of them. 1911's CZ's and ARs. Every one a custom at some level and I am proud of them all.
    This winter I am going through every one of them to finish them to the enth degree. Along with the current 1911 I am modifying just because.

I would sell a few if asked and have in the past but at the monetary involvement I have in them I may well be buried with them.

you know, one thing I wish I had a friend like you in real life. Building and modifying guns and just understanding how they work would be so much cheaper and more enjoyable when you learn from someone else.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    you know, one thing I wish I had a friend like you in real life. Building and modifying guns and just understanding how they work would be so much cheaper and more enjoyable when you learn from someone else.

So you're saying mouse has someone to call the next time something heavy needs moved or the wood needs chopped?

No one rides for free... :laugh6:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So you're saying mouse has someone to call the next time something heavy needs moved or the wood needs chopped?

No one rides for free... :laugh6:
    Well, I am that kind of person so yeah.

Believe in the Barter system much more so than Visa/Mc

It builds relationships and that's what we need in this day and age. But I am not a tit for that person either.

You ask me for help I expect nothing in return.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Well, I am that kind of person so yeah.

Believe in the Barter system much more so than Visa/Mc

It builds relationships and that's what we need in this day and age. But I am not a tit for that person either.

You ask me for help I expect nothing in return.

If I'd have known it was this easy to sign you up for heavy labor, I would have done it for ya a long time ago! ;)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I haven't wanted to sell anything since I sold my last striker fired pistol (an M&P full size in 357 sig). All of my guns are shooters and my taste is eclectic to say the least. I still would like another CZ40B (or two), because one is none -especially in guns that are evolutionary dead ends. So my attention has turned to those purchases and making sure I have plenty of mags for the unusual stuff as well as investing in some custom holsters because that's the only way to carry what I currently like. I'd still like a Les Baer in 38 super and a lever action in 327 federal but there's no rush, they're desires and not necessities. I have it in the back of my mind to build an SBR in 357 sig, too, but that looks to be a frankenproject if it is still possible at all. I won't pay stupid high prices for anything unless it begins to look like the panic will be a permanent thing, so I'll probably be mostly on the sidelines for a while

Top Bottom