• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hd1971

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    Don't take this personally, it's a general comment.

Does anyone really think the White House seriously considers any of the petitions or that it has any effect on policy decisions?

It's more like opium for the masses to assuage their concerns and make them think the government actually cares about their opinion.

I don't know if the White House seriously considers any the petitions or not. What I do know is we can't stand by and do nothing. Old saying the squeaky wheel gets the grease. The miss informed and anti gunners are squeaking very loud right now!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Such a sad story...these are the updates from the latest new conference with Connecticut State Police: The Glock was only used in the suicide of Adam Lanza and it was a Glock 20 10mm. He had hundreds of .223 rounds on him and fired over 100 .223 rounds. Media is now going to eat up the High Capacity Magazine debate.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    This morning on MSNBC they showed the portraits of the little ones. Stick a fork in me, I'm done. That was too sad to watch, not enough tears in the world to wash away the pain of the families of the deceased.:(

Such a sad story...these are the updates from the latest new conference with Connecticut State Police: The Glock was only used in the suicide of Adam Lanza and it was a Glock 20 10mm. He had hundreds of .223 rounds on him and fired over 100 .223 rounds. Media is now going to eat up the High Capacity Magazine debate.

So at least 3 mag changes perhaps if he was using 30rd mags?
    As usual first sign of armed resistance and the shooter off himself. Per govenor as soon as shooter heard police in the bldg he said bye bye cruel world.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    It seems to me that lightweight rifles with high capacity magazines are certainly very good at killing lots of people fairly quickly. You can shoot just as many rounds just as quickly with a pistol, but less lethal and a little harder to aim properly. The only thing that might be worse than an AR15 style rifle is a shotgun with detachable magazine, which that guy apparently had access to as well. Everyone here already knows all that - it shouldn't be surprising when the media points this stuff out...

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    And if the guy had a backpack of loose ammo and a single action revolver, who in the building would or could have stopped him?

A gun free school zone meant that he could do whatever his evil heart wanted.

Hell, one could make the argument that if he had a slower rig he might have taken better aim.

He killed 26, probably most if not all at close range. And that was after firing how many rounds?

hd1971

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    I belonged to rights organization in Indiana for several years. I sat on the board of directors for two years. At the time we had approximately 30,000 members. At any given time approximately .5% of the members would stand up for their rights. If that is the case here none of us will be caring guns to protect our families and ourselves.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    And if the guy had a backpack of loose ammo and a single action revolver, who in the building would or could have stopped him?

A gun free school zone meant that he could do whatever his evil heart wanted.

Hell, one could make the argument that if he had a slower rig he might have taken better aim.

He killed 26, probably most if not all at close range. And that was after firing how many rounds?

It is beyond ridiculous to equate the effectiveness of a modern military pattern rifle with a single action revolver and a backpack of loose ammo. A couple of unarmed teachers would have had a fighting chance against this lunatic while he was reloading his single action. Not a chance in Hades against the capabilities of an AR-15 in the hands of someone who knows how to use it.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    You assume that an unarmed person would still fight.
    Being that many teachers are liberals............yeah right.
    What friggin' planet you live on?
    You must not remember a while back, in Britain, a guy with a double barrel shotgun walked around for a good while blasting people.
    Sheep, there are lots of them over there, and here.

BTW, not everybody knows how to shoot well.
    And just because the evil POS chose an AR15 that doesn't mean his effects were maximized.
    I have yet to see how many rounds he expended total.

He might have shot sloppy, because he had an AR15 (or similar), and that slop might have allowed some to live.

Last edited:

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    You assume that an unarmed person would still fight.
    Being that many teachers are liberals............yeah right.
    What friggin' planet you live on?
    Keep making statments that you have no proof of?
    You must not remember a while back, in Britain, a guy with a double barrel shotgun walked around for a good while blasting people.
    Not everybody who uses an AR15 knows how to use it.
    And that was my point.

This guy obviously knew how to use it. His SHTF mom taught him well, despite knowing that he was mentally ill. Much to her chagrin at the very end, I'm sure.

Not all teachers are liberals, and at any rate, not all heroes are chest thumping conservatives.

Teacher disarms school shooter « A Blog About Heroes

Why don't you do a little Google search on teachers/faculty who have acted as heroes during school shootings, including disarming the gunman or putting themselves between the shooter and students?

There are quite a few men and women who have served this country well, regardless of their political leanings. Grow up.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I don't know if the White House seriously considers any the petitions or not. What I do know is we can't stand by and do nothing. Old saying the squeaky wheel gets the grease. The miss informed and anti gunners are squeaking very loud right now!

It would be a lot more effective in the short term to call and write the congressmen who represents your district, if anti 2A legislation comes up.

In the long term, be an educated voter.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    This guy obviously knew how to use it. His SHTF mom taught him well, despite knowing that he was mentally ill. Much to her chagrin at the very end, I'm sure.

Not all teachers are liberals, and at any rate, not all heroes are chest thumping conservatives.

Teacher disarms school shooter « A Blog About Heroes

Why don't you do a little Google search on teachers/faculty who have acted as heroes during school shootings, including disarming the gunman or putting themselves between the shooter and students?

There are quite a few men and women who have served this country well, regardless of their political leanings. Grow up.

You seem to know all the details of this incident. What are your sources?
    How do you know what his mom taught him (and to what level it was absorbed/and then acted upon) or what his skill level was, or what level of concentration he was in?
    Too many unknowns and or variables, unless of course you're plugged into CNN.

Top Bottom