• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwhites4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    I am planning on attending the funeral to pay my respects to a hero, US Army Spc. Pinnick, and the fools from the Westboro Cult are planning on attending to picket the funeral in Vincennes. At what point would it be considered "threatening" if I am OCing? They are all lawyers and just look to get a rise out of everyone and find ppl to bring suit against. I can keep my cool pretty well, but I have always wanted to meet these morons and see if I can figure out why they feel a need to picket fallen soldiers' funerals. I myself am baptist and have never been told that soldiers are going to Hell and the bible I have read doesn't say anything of the sort. I don't want to be in a law suit if I don't need to be, but I know enough good lawyers and I know the Constitution pretty well to not be scared of confronting them, just don't want to be brought up on charges for threatening dumbasses. Any input will help, Thanks.

straid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    I am planning on attending the funeral to pay my respects to a hero, US Army Spc. Pinnick, and the fools from the Westboro Cult are planning on attending to picket the funeral in Vincennes. At what point would it be considered "threatening" if I am OCing? They are all lawyers and just look to get a rise out of everyone and find ppl to bring suit against. I can keep my cool pretty well, but I have always wanted to meet these morons and see if I can figure out why they feel a need to picket fallen soldiers' funerals. I myself am baptist and have never been told that soldiers are going to Hell and the bible I have read doesn't say anything of the sort. I don't want to be in a law suit if I don't need to be, but I know enough good lawyers and I know the Constitution pretty well to not be scared of confronting them, just don't want to be brought up on charges for threatening dumbasses. Any input will help, Thanks.
    I wouldn't bother. You can't reason with someone who doesn't understand reason. It is a losing scenario, no matter what you do. The irony is, your friend fought for the right for these people to spew their hatred.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Read here:

Indiana Code 34-26-6

It looks to me that making an issue of the fact you are OCing is like making a case for attempted rape by virtue of possessing working testicles. A credible threat must be articulated or indicated by actions such that a reasonable person would fear for their safety. Possession of a lawfully carried weapon does not imply any intent to use it against any particular person, so it would seem not to be an issue*.

* I am not a lawyer. I merely call it as I see/read it. Standard caveats apply.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Your best bet is to ignore them as if they didn't exist. They crave attention and its to bad the media gives it to them otherwise they would just go away. I may be mistaken but if you get a hold of the Patriot Riders they will stay between those idiots and the funeral procession and screen them.

Prayers and condolences sent for the true American Hero, his family, fellow warriors, friends, and community.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    I wouldn't bother. You can't reason with someone who doesn't understand reason. It is a losing scenario, no matter what you do. The irony is, your friend fought for the right for these people to spew their hatred.

Very, very well said. This 1000 times over. They're irrational. Treating them rationally isn't going to do anything but **** you off and make you crazy.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Your best bet is to ignore them as if they didn't exist. They crave attention and its to bad the media gives it to them otherwise they would just go away. I may be mistaken but if you get a hold of the Patriot Riders they will stay between those idiots and the funeral procession and screen them.

Prayers and condolences sent for the true American Hero, his family, fellow warriors, friends, and community.

This is excellent advice. You're making a mistake to think that you could learn what makes these fools tick at the event. They're just waiting for someone like to make a scene. By confronting them, you're playing into their hands. You job is to pay your respects to the fallen soldier, ... don't get sidetracked from that.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I will join the chorus recommending against speaking to those sorry, sorry excuses for human beings. They bring a mix of hatred and insanity to the table that defies logic and reason. You will find that there are some people who cannot be understood without being one of them, so count yourself thankful you do not understand them and carry on with your own purpose without allowing them to distract you from it.

The only bonus information I can offer is that I fail to see any connection between anything we would know as Baptist and these people other than being Calvinist in their doctrine of salvation to the point of making Calvin look Armenian by comparison. A few years ago in an interview, one of Phelps's granddaughters (12 at the time) made the comment that she thought there was a remote possibility that people outside their group might be saved, but she hoped not. Hardly the words of someone learning anything most Christians would consider to represent Christianity.

Desdinova

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2012
    Austin
    Personally I think the whole herd should be drafted and sent straight into combat, but the others are right. It's probably best to shun them rather than have any sort of interaction.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    If you're going "to pay my respects to a hero", why worry about what a bunch of idiots are doing? Go for the purpose intended.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Hope that the Rolling Thunder, and or the Patriot Guard will be there to help out with the crowd control..

^^^This^^^

My wife and I are what they call "cagers" because we don't own a bike, but we are members of the IPG. While these things (idiot protesters) are planned for, the last few that we have attended the Wesboro folk didn't even bother to show up. It seems though that every mission, their name gets mentioned too. I just looked on the IPG Facebook page and it's looking like they (IPG) will be there. Don't give it a second thought OP. It is taken care of, I can pretty much promise you that.

Also: Keep in mind that local LE will be/is on top of anything and while they must respect their right to assemble, they certainly aren't going to make it easy for them.

Last edited:

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Just attend the funeral, pay respects and hope the local law would have those stupid idiots far enough away from ear shot of you. If not, then hope they shut up when the gun salute starts

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    How disgusting, they make me sick. If my preacher ever started talking politics I would get up and walk out and not return. Church is not a place to be indoctrinated to a preacher's position on current politics.

I thank an angry biker gang protecting the mourners from the morons is a good idea.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    This pack of morons base their beliefs that wars are god's punishment for the gays in the US. I think that is right, something like that anyway.

Funny story. My brother in law and a male friend accidentally happened upon this group years ago on a city street. They were speaking to a small crowd. My BiL and friend moved to the front of the crowd, listened for a minute and then they held hands.

I guess the speaker turned beet red and went ballistic! Wish I had been there to see it. :laugh:

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    ^^^This^^^

My wife and I are what they call "cagers" because we don't own a bike, but we are members of the IPG. While these things (idiot protesters) are planned for, the last few that we have attended the Wesboro folk didn't even bother to show up. It seems though that every mission, their name gets mentioned too. I just looked on the IPG Facebook page and it's looking like they (IPG) will be there. Don't give it a second thought OP. It is taken care of, I can pretty much promise you that.

Also: Keep in mind that local LE will be/is on top of anything and while they must respect their right to assemble, they certainly aren't going to make it easy for them.

Question for you, a buddy and I at work have been showing a bit of interest in IPG. He'll probably wait another year or so until retirement before joining, but as I am young and virile.....that'd be a long wait for me.

I noticed that the IPG website this statement in the About Us Section:
    We accomplish all that we do through strictly legal and non-violent means.

Although I accept the strictly legal half of that sentence, how does IPG react to those members with LTCH's and those that WILL defend themselves with lethal force if push came to shove? How do they feel about OC?

Glock

Marksman
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    How many of their people picket? Surely we can get more people with larger signs to support the troops right there with them. Drown them out.

Top Bottom