• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Iceandfire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    7 miles from Medora, IN
    The neighbor across the road knocked on my door this afternoon. He asked me to look at what he had found while mushroom hunting in some nearby woods. In his garage I found a 4"PVC pipe about two foot long, and capped on both ends. The neighbor had opened one end. Inside he found a .22 pistol, ammo, and the components of a bomb. About 20 blasting caps, powder and liquid and several duct-taped packages. I convinced him to call the sheriff, and soon there were sheriff deputies, state police, ATF, bomb squad vehicles, etc. at his house. I went back home until they all left. I guess I'm too naive, but I never thought we had terrorists or anarchists around here. I better keep armed even on my own home now.

2nthechest

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Wonder if they treated him like the criminal since he "possessed" such a weapon? Please inform us on the outcome?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Sounds more to me like someone prepping for SHTF than a terrorist or anarchist. I'd bet that was someone's hidden cache in case of a failure of the bulwarks of our governmental structure. I'm not sure about the bomb components, but the pistol and ammo don't sound to me like terrorist activity, based more on it being a .22LR than anything else.

I'm only guessing, though.

Blessings,
    Bill

Iceandfire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    7 miles from Medora, IN
    MedicMike, The po-po just left within the last half-hour. I've talked to my neighbor, who was worried that he would be getting in trouble for having that stuff, but he was not hassled. He took the deputies to the woods where he found this stuff, and cooperated fully with them. He told me, however, that when he asked for a reward, they turned him down. "And I could have used some reward money to pay bills."

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    What do you mean? I have found all kinds of cool **** in the woods, unfortunately that is all it was, was cool or most likely cold ****. Too bad I dont know how to track an animal by it's scat....

INGunGuy

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    If it had been a decent pistol, I may "only have" found the blasting caps and misc stuff...

I wonder what was in the duct taped packages? It would have been hard for me to resist taking a peek.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    I'd say the duck taped packaged could of been drugs, but then the tweaker who left it would of been back already lol

huey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    SW IND
    my take

im not sure i would have called. just reburied somewhere else not on my property and tell no one you never know you might need it

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    what? a thread that involves BATFE and no body breaking it down as to how our collective rights were being violated by their expertise in disposal of an unknown and rogue explosive device? I thought BATFE was illegal...what business do they have assisting the state police of disposing of an explosive device anyway....somebody should have OC'd an MP5 just to make sure they know who pays their salary

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    We've been waiting for you, Destro!

If it was not for the sheer spontaneity of the event, Im sure if a few INGOers got wind of the situation, an OC event would have been organized(mosty carrying hi points and taurus) and they would have carpooled to the scene so they could make sure all the members of LE could see that they were not the only ones allowed to be armed. This, all the while praying to their OC gods that they be hasseled or asked to see a LTCH (just so they could question why they are asking to see it), or better yet asked to please leave. Somebody would have taken a laptop along so that after the events had transpired they could race to the nearest :insert free wifi hotspot here: and start a thread with something to the effect of "Bad encounter with ATF" or "State police and ATF, possible civil rights violation?" Luck for us, looks like we dodged the 24 page bullet of cut and pastes of the angry letters written stating that they will no longer stand around crime scenes OC if thats the way they are going to be treated. Im sure some correspondence with some Sen. or Rep. would no doubt be included.

no...looks like things turned out OK this time:)

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    The neighbor across the road knocked on my door this afternoon. He asked me to look at what he had found while mushroom hunting in some nearby woods.

Who owned the woods? Seems to me that he stole someone's cache! You can't just go wandering onto other people's property and take stuff.

Top Bottom