• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I have personally participated in two attempts to fire federal civil service employees, and observed a couple other attempts up close. None were successful in terminating the employee for cause, altho in the two cases I participated, ultimately the employees left civil service.

It is difficult. See "Merit Systems Protection Board." Better yet, The Donald and Congress should take a look at it.

only the actual examiners are government employees, those whom have their signatures on the forms. Almost everybody else involved in the NFA process is either a contractor or a temp.

When your FFL calls in to NICS to run a background check for your gun purchase, those people who answer the calls are call-center contractors too. Your dealer talks to a real agent when they transfer the call for "further review".

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I'm a pretty patient guy. I sent my paperwork (form 4) to ATF in August. ATF cashed my check. I figured I'd have to wait 6 mos. for my stamp and therefore was expecting my stamp this month (February). I finally thought I'd do a little Googling about ATF wait times and then found the following article. Looks like I couldn't have had any worse timing. Silencer Shop Sends $2M+ Worth Of NFA Stamp Applications - In ONE Day - The Firearm BlogThe Firearm Blog

Forms are taking 7-8 months right now.

A form 4 I sent off in March took 7 months to approve and a paper form 1 I sent in last February took almost 8 months. While a form 4 I sent in last January took right at 6 months.

Wait times are going to be 7-8, maybe if you're unlucky, 9-10 months. 41F backed the system big time.

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    I have always had good contact with them even when they emailed me draft on my form 1 they corrected it in 1 business day. It sounds like its the one woman who is causing the issues. I am also waiting on a form 4 trust from mid may and called yesterday and was told its still pending. its looking like 9 months for me.......more waiting I guess.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I have subsequently sent in another Form 4 for a TPM SD can this time. However, this go around, I made sure to verify that the check was indeed cashed (which is was, 3 days after the forms were received). So, this time, it should go through... in 8 or 9 months.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have two Form 1's that I got in electronically before 41-F. Well one was sent before, the other was held in limbo when the site went off-line.

I just checked them again because of this thread. Still waiting. Doubt the last one gets thru approval because of the final date unless they repeal the section on cans.

Have yet to send anything in with the new rules. Although I have another SBR I want to build.

Top Bottom