• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • soljah777

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Saw this MP40/22LR prototype at the ATI booth. No word on price or if this will make it to production. Depending on the price and build quality this could be a really fun toy.

mp40.jpg

IndyS12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Zionsville, IN
    I don't know which one I'd want more between this or the STG-44 they're supposed to be making for .22 as well. Either way, just looking at them makes my wallet hurt...

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Would be pretty cool. Thought I read somewhere this week that, in it’s current configuration, it is technically a SBR [short barrel rifle]. The manufacture was trying to figure out what to extend [barrel, etc] to make that not the case.

EDIT: Found it: ATI MP 40 (.22LR) | The Firearm Blog

One problem with importing a replica of the MP 40 is that it has a very long tubular receiver and a short barrel. The gun pictured in the photos is actually classified as a short barreled rifle (SBR) but is quite a long weapon. ATI has two options to address this, either they shorten the receiver and increase barrel length or permanently attach a faux suppressor. They are thinking that the latter option is more likely and plan on building authentic faux replica's of German WWII suppressors.

archy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Oaktown/Vincennes ar
    I've got one of their .22 versions of the MP44 on order, which I was told should arrive late July or early August. Which is any time now.

I suspect that when the MP40 version hits the shelves, it'll be with the folding stock permanently fixed in the folded position, making it legally a pistol, similar to what was done with the Polish built PPS43 semiauto repops of the WWII Sudarev SMG.

Top Bottom