• ...and so much more!
  • Caspian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Noblesville

Atlanta Conservation Club- Multi-Gun Match, Oct. 11, 2009

Come out and join us for Atlanta’s last Multi-Gun match of the season. It will be a fun and challenging test of your rifle, handgun, and shotgun skills.

This month, to try to get everyone finished earlier, there will be 4 courses of fire: two stages requiring 3 guns, one stage requiring 2 guns, and one all shotgun stage.

If you shot one of our Multi-Gun matches earlier this year, you can expect this match’s difficulty level to be very similar. If you didn’t shoot one of our Multi-Gun matches earlier this season, you can expect this match to be a little more demanding than ACC matches in past seasons— shots will be a bit more technical and physical.

MATCH DATE: Sunday Oct. 11

Shooters' Meeting: 9:45 AM
    Match starts immediately following shooters' meeting

RULES: USPSA Multi-Gun equipment rules - Time Plus scoring. www.uspsa.org

Approximate Round Counts:
    Handgun: 34
    Rifle: 31
    Birdshot: 39
    Slugs: 4
    Total: 104

MATCH FEE: $20 per shooter
    SET-UP: Due to the complexity of Multi-Gun stages, some set-up will be required on the Saturday before each match date. There will also be some set up the day of the match at 8:00 AM. Please help if you can. Contact the Match Director for details if you could help out. Remember, the more help we get from volunteers like you, the better the matches will be!
    NOTE: that all matches at AtlantaCC are conducted under a COLD RANGE as per USPSA rules. All guns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. Long guns should remain bagged, or in a rack with an "empty chamber indicator" (flag) in place. It is the shooter's responsibility to ensure that the muzzle of any gun is never pointed in an unsafe direction. You may only handle your gun only at the direction of the range officer (RO), or in the designated "safe areas." You may not handle any ammunition or loaded magazines in the safe areas. Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

rz317

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2008
    I'm in, this will be my first 3-gun type match.:rockwoot::rockwoot:

Great, looking forward to having you out. Always happy to have new shooters! Let me know if I can answer any questions for you. Also, please introduce yourself on Sunday.

Thanks,
    Ryan Zamberlan
    Multi-Gun Match Director
    Atlanta Conservation Club
    Atlanta, IN
    www.atlantacc.net

rz317

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2008
    Ryan
    Were you running the shotgun stage at the open house??

Yes I was. I met and spoke with several people that day, so I may not just remember you by name, but I'm sure I'll remember you when I see you!

RZ

Ryan Zamberlan
    Multi-Gun Match Director
    Atlanta, IN
    www.atlantacc.net

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Yes I was. I met and spoke with several people that day, so I may not just remember you by name, but I'm sure I'll remember you when I see you!

RZ

Ryan Zamberlan
    Multi-Gun Match Director
    Atlanta, IN
    www.atlantacc.net

I was the guy that gave you a couple boxes of shells near the end of the day.

rz317

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2008
    For those who are new or have limited to little multi-gun experience, you need to understand something. What you will experience on Sunday at ACC will likely be the most difficult local match you will participate in. The stages are, at minimum, state-match level and that may be an understatement.

Do not let the difficulty of the match deterr you from enjoying yourself or from participating at other local matches (Wildcat Valley, No. Porter County also host matches). A lot of hard work and planning goes into making these matches what they are and I recommend that you go. But, understand that these stages are designed to be challening for the most experienced shooters in the area, which makes them very difficult for about anyone else.

You've been warned. Now, go have fun. :)

Dave,
    Wow! Thanks for the complimenting the quality of our stages, as well as recognizing the hard work that goes into them. State match level stages? Stop, I’m blushing.

It's true that our Multi-Gun matches are going to be tougher than what you will typically see at local club level pistol matches… but, that’s inherent with the sport of Multi-Gun in general. I don’t think our stages are really any tougher than what you’d see at any of the other clubs in Midwestern states that have a healthy, established Multi-Gun culture, such as Owensboro. Don’t get me wrong, a lot of hard work does go into these matches, but a large part of this perceived difficulty is primarily due to Multi-Gun’s limited exposure in Indiana, not necessarily that we created something so amazing… but then again, I’m my own worst critic. ;)

And to everyone else reading this… along the lines of what Dave said… Never be intimidated about any match, in any discipline. At one time, the best marksman in the world fired his first shot. If you like Practical Shooting, and like the idea of rifles and shotguns thrown into the mix, then you will enjoy the experience, and always be welcome.

RZ

Ryan Zamberlan
    Multi-Gun Match Director
    Atlanta, IN
    www.atlantacc.net

rz317

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2008
    Here are the stages for this Sunday's Multi-Gun match at Atlanta Conservation Club.

Please keep in mind that these are diagrams only and not to scale, etc. The actual stages may look a little different, after they are actually set up.

Stage 1

Stage 2

Stage 3

Stage 4

Ryan Zamberlan
    Multi-Gun Match Director
    Atlanta, IN
    www.atlantacc.net

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Not too tough for beginners to have an awesome time!

I've shot many matches at Owensboro. ACC stages are measureably more difficult. Very good, but markedly more difficult.

Dave,
    I think what Ryan is going for here, is that while multi-gun stages at ACC can be challenging, they're not too tough for a new shooter to get their start. Like what we do at Friday Night Steel, I think Ryan's goal is to encourage as many new shooters as possible, without scaring anybody away that might thing the stages are "too tough for me".
    If I know Ryan, the stages are challenging, but even a beginner can come out and have an awesome time. :welcome: A new shooter may not win the first match that they come to, but we don't want that to prevent them from getting started!
    Sincerely,
    Chuck

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Dave,
    I think what Ryan is going for here, is that while multi-gun stages at ACC can be challenging, they're not too tough for a new shooter to get their start. Like what we do at Friday Night Steel, I think Ryan's goal is to encourage as many new shooters as possible, without scaring anybody away that might thing the stages are "too tough for me".

I'm going to ask that my comments be split into another thread or deleted.

Folks, please go shoot at ACC and support the fine folks who work hard to make this happen.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Today was AWSOME!!! 3 of the courses were long and tough, not hard but you had to think(i missed that part)Ryan, thanks for all the hard work and a great match. Can't wait till nest year.

rz317

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2008
    Today was AWSOME!!! 3 of the courses were long and tough, not hard but you had to think(i missed that part)Ryan, thanks for all the hard work and a great match. Can't wait till nest year.

Comments like these really make me feel like the hard work paid off. Thanks for coming out, and I'm glad you had a positive first experience in 3-Gun. I'm looking forward to next year too, and as always, really hope to see more clubs run 3-Gun matches in Indiana.

Thanks,
    RZ

Ryan Zamberlan
    Multi-Gun Match Director
    Atlanta, IN

www.atlantacc.net

KMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Ryan,
    Great match. Challenging and fun. A good mix. Thanks for all your hard work.
    Kevin

Top Bottom