• churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    oh give it a rest and give some real examples here on INGO :rolleyes:

The OP's arguement is mute after James endorsed the M&P Shield, M&P and Wilson Combat 1911's.

JMHO but he did the Wilson thing to save face and stop all the poo slinging. He really stepped in it over the 1911 Video. He had to soften his stand on these issues. Again, JMHO and everybody has one.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Seems to me by the tone of the OP that you are bashing all Glock owners just because you favor XDs and then you try to run for cover and claim that Glocks are a solid gun.

btw...I currently run a Glock 23 as an EDC and yes I have owned a number of other brands including XDs but "to each his own"

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Come on man. Have you not read through INGO posts at all? Plenty of haters on here.

JMHO but he did the Wilson thing to save face and stop all the poo slinging. He really stepped in it over the 1911 Video. He had to soften his stand on these issues. Again, JMHO and everybody has one.

+2

Im not gonna post user names of other INGO members that tend to be Glock biased bc I dont belive in calling people out like that.

Plus Im pretty sure its aginst the rules. :dunno:

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    If they found Perfection, why do you care?

I would say good for them, but if they have never tried, how do they know it is the best?

I will give you a good example of the Glock jerks I am talking about. About once every three or four trips to the range, I will be shooting my XDM or any other pistol and there is always one of those guys.

Interaction as follows...
    GG = Glock guy
    M = Me

GG- What you shooting there?
    M- XDM 9mm
    GG- Ah...check this out
    M- What you got there?
    GG- Oh, its a G## (whatever make he has)
    M- Yeah, thats cool, I have shot those before, pretty nice
    GG- you want to shoot this one?
    M- No, thats alright, I have shot them before, and I don't wanna waste your ammo
    GG- you got shoot this, it is smooth, best gun on the market
    M- yeah, I have shot it before and thought it was pretty cool
    GG- you gotta shoot this one, then you will want to sell your XDM

and so on and so forth...

I love when people let me shoot their guns, it is awesome, but I get tired of everyone trying to cram their G19 down my throat. (Not literally, situational awareness runs deep in my blood, lol).

If I have shot 20 stock G19's, the 21st one is not gonna make me want to trade in my XDM.

I like them and like to shoot them and everyone is entitled to their opinion, but dang gimmie some space!

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    Seems to me by the tone of the OP that you are bashing all Glock owners just because you favor XDs and then you try to run for cover and claim that Glocks are a solid gun.

btw...I currently run a Glock 23 as an EDC and yes I have owned a number of other brands including XDs but "to each his own"

I've stated from the beginning that Glocks are solid guns. I just think there are a certain breed of Glock owners that are solidified *********s. The kind of guys that always want to be in a pissing contest! Not all Glock owners. Just the ones who think their poo don't stink!

I also agree to each his own, but why hate on me because I am not carrying a Glock? Some Glock owners act like it is un-American to own anything other than a Glock, even though it is not American made.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

he caught far more crap over his OC video than the 1911 one.

Anyone who wasn't crying over 1911's and actually LISTENED to the 1911 video heard him talking about production line 1911's and not ALL 1911's.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I shoot with a group and they like being called the Glock boy's. They have ran up the toy's on all of theirs and they shoot really well with them. I shoot OK with them as the trigger (even after some decent work) gives me issue after running 1911's.
    Thing is the point, I could give a crap about shooting their guns and they beat me up about shooting mine to the point they show up with a box each of the ammo I choose to run. Hilarious and I respect the hell out of these guy's. Great people.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    To me this thread is just another XD v. Glock thread. Seen plenty of them. :popcorn:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    he caught far more crap over his OC video than the 1911 one.

Anyone who wasn't crying over 1911's and actually LISTENED to the 1911 video heard him talking about production line 1911's and not ALL 1911's.

I realize that. And some truth to his opinion and statements. It is his delivery that puts folks off. Don't call my 1911's "Target" only pistols and I will refrain from any jabs towards his chosen marque. Again, as with everyone...JMHO and meant to be taken that way.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I find it hard to believe that you pick up a new XDM with a great factory trigger

You mean a custom shop trigger??

I own an xdm but I think it is being very flattering to refer to the factory trigger as even decent, certainly not as good as a Glock, in my opinion.

You can work some magic if you drop the bucks for one of the better trigger kits though.

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    Glock is a good prepper gun. Tons of parts out there. They are reliable and they are accurate for what they are (a combat pistol). They are my favorite poly pistol and I've owned the XDM and M&P.

Also, trust me when I say I know know nothing of 90's rappers, and that genre will be the last I take gun advice from. Lol!...I do agree that there are some on the net in general who are too dismissive of others choices.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I own an xdm but I think it is being very flattering to refer to the factory trigger as even decent, certainly not as good as a Glock, in my opinion.

You can work some magic if you drop the bucks for one of the better trigger kits though.

The Glock trigger sucks (IMHO) but that is all.........JMHO

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City

I'm not a professional shooter, but every XDM stock trigger I have shot has been butter! Clean break, clean reset!

Top Bottom