• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wagswook

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Hey,

I have driven past it a couple of times, but have never stopped in to check it out.. From the road all you see is a small parking lot with a sign "public archery range". Does anyone have any info on it? Does it cost money? Do you shoot into straw bales? Bring your own target?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

townmarshal

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    indy
    I bet if you called the Atterbury Shooting Range, they could answer your questions.
    The #=812-526-6552
    The ranges are just around the corner from the Archery Range.

Wagswook

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    I bet if you called the Atterbury Shooting Range, they could answer your questions.
    The #=812-526-6552
    The ranges are just around the corner from the Archery Range.

Thanks for the advice, I just called there and the gentleman stated that he knows nothing of the archery range other than the fact that it is there and open to the public... Well it was a nice Idea...

On the flip side, I asked him about the shooting range and he stated that new for 2009, there is no 2 hour minimum and that your first hour is $7.00 and each additional hour is 5.00. I also asked about my wife and I coming together and only using one lane but he stated that you pay as you come into the building and that each person has to pay. Still not perfect, but it is better than in 2008.

Now back to archery... I guess I'll just have to drive over there and find out.

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    The range is a public range but you need to bring your own targets! The last time I was down on the range it was quite grown up but they could have worked on it since then!

AFpilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    I used the public archery range a few times in the past years. FREE (which is something now considering the gun range is charging $$$) but yes, the accommodations aren't great. The archery range typically is not very kept up and the straw is sometimes a little loose, but once again, it's free and nobody bothers you there. Not a bad deal if you need a place to shoot.

Top Bottom