• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I have a Torx contact lens so as long as my head is straight up they orient properly & I can see fine. Working under the car is impossible because they rotate which causes my near vision to blur. I have to use glasses in that case.

Bring lunch Bubba, you'll want to hear some history. There were a couple good stories at my last event I hadn't heard before.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    Ask the contact question during the steady hold factors lesson on Saturday and I will address it. I don't call me an expert but I have some intensive research in this area.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I've got MRE's I can bring for someone to eat. They are really convenient for this type of thing. $5 each (which is what I paid). I'm not trying to get rid of them, I'm only selling them if you want them for the weekend. I'm not bringing a bunch 'just in case someone wants them' so PM me if you are interested so I know how many to bring and which kind.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carry it. The boys in Morgan's outfit carried their chow and we can too. That includes the Shoot Boss. You will not be asked to do anything the instructors have not done themselves.

Lunchables are cheap, too and come with Capri Sun sometimes. That's kind of exciting.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Oct 9, 2010
    How late can we get into Atterbury? How Early? Does the gate have hours or are they open 24/7?

Also, I think this has been covered, but everyone is bringing their lunch, right? Not much of an opportunity to run out and grab something to eat on base that I know of.

I'll add to Bubba's question - can anyone tell us where to go? The only place I've been at Atterbury is their public range.

Thanks...

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    I'll add to Bubba's question - can anyone tell us where to go? The only place I've been at Atterbury is their public range.

Thanks...

When you signed up, instructions were there.

"25 miles south of Indianapolis IN on US 31. 2.5 miles West of US 31 on E 800 S (Old Hospital Road), ask for directions to “Range Control” at the main gate."

Also, item 9 on the form everyone checked that they read completely.

"9 - From the gate to the range control - Essentially, you continue through the cantonment area on the road you came in on. You will come to a stop sign across from the fire department. Range control is on your left. "

On the information page provided at Eventbright, there was also the link to the CAJMTC website, with directions one click away.

Contact & Mailing Information

YHJ

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    As late as you want but if I am sleeping I ain't coming up to Range Control to get you. Take that as you will.

Registration begins at RC at 0700, Safety brief at 0800. No stragglers.

Gate is open.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Would a map help? This is not official.

9033246913_1e6de9d52b_b.jpg

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Coming from Indy, is it easier to get off at Taylorsville exit or the one before?

Wild Deuce

Master
    Dec 2, 2009
    A valet type service would help. You could have instructors meet people at the gate and drive them down to the range. :laugh:

Last edited:

Dss21

Marksman
    May 15, 2009
    Coming from Indy I think I would get off of I-65 at the highway 252 (not sure of exit number)exit. Go west on 252 until you get to highway31. 252 turns north on 31 but you want to continue west straight ACROSS 31 that turns into Co Rd 800/hospital RD. Continue west on 800 and Main Gate will be on your left after you cross the river and go up the hill aways.

SirRealism

Master
    Nov 17, 2008
    I was running through a couple AARs from previous KD shoots, and it made me wonder about how you handle folks with milrad scopes. Is there anything special I should do/study to prepare?

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I was running through a couple AARs from previous KD shoots, and it made me wonder about how you handle folks with milrad scopes. Is there anything special I should do/study to prepare?

Yes sir learn how to adjust it. I'm a mil guy but I think slim and I are the only Appleseed instructors who like them. Basically 1 mil is equal to 3.6 moa so make sure you keep up on your math and right everything down.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Just a reminder, Ticks are very bad this year. I'm not sure if Atterbury sprays anything on the ranges for ticks, but it wouldn't hurt to make sure you have some type of bug spray with Deet in it. Or spray your clothes and gear with Permethrin before hand.

I was out today with two applications of Deep Woods Off and still came home with three lone star ticks attached. My boss was in the same area a few weeks ago and came out with more than 20 of them on him.

Ticks, Bugs, Heat and Rain, bring it on...It's going to be a good weekend no matter what.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    Headin up to deconfliction. Get your poop sorted out and strapped up. See you in the morning.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Anyone going to this from the Terre Haute area? I need to get something (mil surplus sleeping system) to a guy from there. If so, and you would be willing to meet up with him at some point in the future, PM me. Security wise, I know him well, he is know by MANY on this board so you are not just meeting up with a typical random stranger.

Top Bottom