• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FCS-04

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Bloomfield
    A buddy and I were thinking about riding county roads from his house in williams to redbird SRA tomorrow. Both side by sides are registered and insured and both greene and lawrence county allow atv's on county roads. Is there anything we might be missing that could get us into trouble? Any town ordinances in either county we need to know about?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I know a CO who frowns on this practice. I've seen him write tickets for 4wheelers on paved roads.

I do not know all the ins and outs of the "by the book" laws that pertain, but I'd be sure before I risked having my machine impounded.

FCS-04

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Bloomfield
    I know a CO who frowns on this practice. I've seen him write tickets for 4wheelers on paved roads.

I do not know all the ins and outs of the "by the book" laws that pertain, but I'd be sure before I risked having my machine impounded.

Did 45 miles yesterday on county roads, passed a CO who just gave me the nod and wave. I'm curious as to what the CO would give tickets for if the operator was following county specific laws? I do know certain townships have ordnances that differ from the county and that's why I asked the question in the OP.

Reverend Dreed

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2016
    new hope
    Unfortunately here in Ky riding on county roads is forbidden. With one exception, in the use of farming operations, thus we keep a 15 gallon electric weed sprayer in the back all the time to look like farmers. I plan on putting a slow moving vehicle sign on the back so they wont look so hard. We have a Mule side by side.

Top Bottom