• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    I will be needing a new set of ATV tires soon. Anyone have any suggestions?
    I do a lot of snow plowing, and some yard work. Really no trail riding to speak of, but want something decent if needed. It came with Dunlop bias tires. Is it worth the extra $$$ to get radials?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I will be needing a new set of ATV tires soon. Anyone have any suggestions?
    I do a lot of snow plowing, and some yard work. Really no trail riding to speak of, but want something decent if needed. It came with Dunlop bias tires. Is it worth the extra $$$ to get radials?

Maxxis, ITP and Duro are the big names in ATV tires. There are some knock off brands that make decent tires for cheaper though. Sedona is a good one, I have had good feed back on AMS tires as well. Then there is Carlisle. They make good tires but are high priced. I am not sure if Dunlop still makes ATV tires. And if they do none of my suppliers carry them anymore. If you want radials that is up to you. I hardly sell radials and honestly wouldn't recommend them for trail riding. You want the flex the bias-ply give you for trails. (I'll probably get flamed for that, bias-ply vs radial can be a hot button issue)

I have Maxxis M911Y (front) and M912Y (rear) tires on my ATV. Basically Kawasaki OEM and they have done everything I have asked them too.

Whatever you get expect to pay ~ $100.00 per tire for decent ones.

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    I would search craiglist looking for someone who swapped out tires on their ATV for mudders or something and are selling their original set. Sometimes with rims too.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Thanks for all the info!!!!! I saw these this morning, and read some good reviews. I had Dunlops originally, but after 13 years, they are about done. These look to be pretty good, and a good price compared to some others. Will keep looking though, need to check shipping, that could make the difference. I looked at Miller tire also, and some good prices there as well.

Last edited:

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Thanks for all the info!!!!! I saw these this morning, and read some good reviews. I had Dunlops originally, but after 13 years, they are about done. These look to be pretty good, and a good price compared to some others. Will keep looking though, need to check shipping, that could make the difference. I looked at Miller tire also, and some good prices there as well.

[h=2]Sedona Mudd Rebel tires ATV UTV[/h]
    6968881.jpg
    Aggressive tread design features angled lugs to achieve an exceptional level off traction. sidewall lugs improve traction in deep ruts. Great steering response and puncture resistance. 6 ply

Front Sedona Mud Rebel tires

pixel.gif

Rear Sedona Mud Rebel tires

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County

Sedona Mudd Rebel tires ATV UTV

6968881.jpg
    Aggressive tread design features angled lugs to achieve an exceptional level off traction. sidewall lugs improve traction in deep ruts. Great steering response and puncture resistance. 6 ply

Front Sedona Mud Rebel tires

pixel.gif

Rear Sedona Mud Rebel tires

There are good and bad points when you switch to an aggressive tread on an ATV tire. When I put Mud Lites on my Honda, it changed the ride from somewhat smooth to a little on the rough side. For the most part, you do get used to it. A positive point I didn't think about until after I switched was how much bite I would get from new tires. I use my ATV to pull a lot of stuff and drag trees around while clearing land. Those aggressive tires really helped get traction that I didn't know I needed.

Hosted

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Albion
    Check out the Maxxis Bighorns. I am going to try something with that tread pattern or the STI Black Diamond XTR for my next atv tires. There is also the Duro Powergrip and Tusk Trilobite that look very similar to the Bighorns but don't have the big name.

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    I agree with Hosted . Bighorns is what I have been using for some time now . Great wear and traction and have a very nice smooth ride . Highly recommend them .

Only downside is they are pricey , but worth it .

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Finally bought a set. STI Outbacks. Got a good deal with free shipping. I have not had time to ride much, but so far, seem like a very good tire. Far better than the stock tires for sure. A little rough on the gravel drive though.

Attachments

• Ron new folder 1705.jpg
      Ron new folder 1705.jpg
      563.6 KB · Views: 8
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom