• Status
    Not open for further replies.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    There is a thread in the General Firearms section, the date says Sunday August the 15th. However since some members attend Church, I'm moving the date to Saturday August the 14th. So this is the plan. We are going to meet at the Waffle House in Seymour, on the 14th of August at 9 a.m. for breakfast. It will give us a chance, to get to know some of our fellow Ingo members. After breakfast we are going to head to Crosley for some quality range time. Wifes, husbands, kids, friends, etc are all welcome to attend. Also for those like me, that are unfamiliar with Crosely we can follow someone who knows how to get there.

If you do not mind, post what guns you plan on bringing. That way if others want to shoot, and you are ok with it. Then they can do so. A fellow member VERT made a suggestion, of having a rimfire day. Which is a great idea. Not trying to limit anyone, bring what you want to shoot. Please PM me and let me know if you plan on attending, that way I can reserve seating for us. Also if you could, please let me know no later then Tuesday August the 10th. That way I'll have plenty of time to make the reservation. Hope to see a lot of Ingo faces there. Should make for a great day of fun.

I think I'm going to choose to just bring rimfire's. They'll be easier to shoot for all who attend, and they are cheap to shoot. Also for those who have shot there before, how are the back stops? Will people need to bring boxes, etc to post targets on? I have two spinner targets, and a target stand that you can stick into the ground. Can bring them if need be.

I plan on bringing the folowing guns.

1. 10/22, red dot scope
    2. Marlin 925R, scoped
    3. Marlin 925M, if you would like to shoot it I ask that you please supply the ammo. Only because .22MWR is more expensive.
    4. Savage MKIIFV, scoped
    5. Browning Buckmark

Hope to see you there!,
    Patriot

squisher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Crosley is officially paper only for targets.

They do have some buried PVC that fit 1x4 lumber, and there are usually some posts still there with some cardboard, but that's not guaranteed, so BYO cardboard and targets to be sure.

If someone with an LTCH can pick me up (or stop by my house and we can take my van), they can "possess" my 92 9mm and heritage .22 single action for the day (ltch expired :( )

So, with that, I can bring:
    Taurus PT92 9mm
    Heritage .22 single action
    Mosin M44
    Yugo Mauser 8mm clone

Got room for at least 4 extra peeps in my van (exit 64 I65)
    Otherwise at least the rifles will come, so I'm in.

ThePhantom86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    Columbus
    I'll talk to the wife about this, depends if we have someone to watch the children or not.

Once we figure that out, I'll post what we'll be bringing.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    One of my cousins is getting hitched that day... Guess I won't be making the jaunt.

Bummer, doods.

-J-

kcw12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2008
    I will be attending.

Be Bringing

Marlin 39A (22)
    Cz 75b (9mm)
    H&R 999 (22)
    Mosin Nagant 91/30 (7.62x54)
    German 8mm Mauser (project gun)
    2 50.cal muzzle loaders

Competent INGO people are welcome to shoot any that i bring, just supply ammo

May have to school me on ranges work, never been to one.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Count me in. I will plan on bringing rimfire so that U.S. Patriot is not alone.

Ruger 77/22
    Ruger 10/22
    Browning Buckmark
    S&W Model 41

Then of course a carry gun. Whatever I wear that day will be in .40S&W. If others seem really into shooting the big noise makers then I'll break out the AR-15.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I should be able to make it. I'll bring anything I can rescue from the lake as everything I had got lost overboard last time I went fishing.

I'll bring some steel, but we may not put any up. I have shoot it there the last few times without incident, but I don't want to risk it. If anyone wants me to bring anything specific for purchase, just let me know.

JML

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Southside
    I'll more than likely be able to make it.I'll probably bring..
    Bushmaster Ar15
    Rock River Ar15
    Colt M4 .22lr
    SKS
    Mosin Nagant M44
    Keltec Sub 2000
    Auto Ordinance "tommy gun"

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Count me in. I will plan on bringing rimfire so that U.S. Patriot is not alone.

Ruger 77/22
    Ruger 10/22
    Browning Buckmark
    S&W Model 41

Then of course a carry gun. Whatever I wear that day will be in .40S&W. If others seem really into shooting the big noise makers then I'll break out the AR-15.

I will of course, also have my carry gun. My FNP 9mm. You think Waffle House would mind, if I went all tactical ninja with my drop leg holster :D.

ThePhantom86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    Columbus
    My wife and I will be making it, and our 7 year old may be coming as well.

Here is a our list:
    AR-15 (.223/5.56)
    Winchester '94 (.30-30)
    Ruger SP101 (.38)
    Ruger P95(9mm)
    XD-9 (9mm)

chrissmallwood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Seymour, IN
    Ill throw my hat in the ring. Ill bring the following but Like US Patriot said all I ask is to help with the 22 WMR.
    Wasr-22
    Savage MKII GL
    Springfield 87A
    Marlin 925M- DPMS Sportical with a .22 kit
    PSL-54C
    K31
    Romainian TTC

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Looking good so far. I have some cardboard, so I'll bring it in case we need it for back stops. I also keep a stapler in my range bag. Does anyone by chance have a portable canopy? That way if it's hot, it will give use a place to get a break from the sun. I'll also try and pick up some more silhouette targets. I will have some smaller targets, for those planing on shooting scoped rifles. I will also bring my spotting scope. Would probably be a good idea to bring a cooler, so you can have some hydration. We can stop at a gas station on the way to the range and get ice. Also sun tan lotion would probably be something handy to have. I have a bottle in my Jeep, if anyone needs some.

I also got a new kick *** camera for my Birthday. Been waiting for a good opportunity to try it out. It also threads on my my spotting scope tri-pod. So I can take some pictures, and video. That way if anyone wants any, I can send them to you.

Also so that everyone will know when me meet for breakfast. I drive a light blue Jeep Liberty with Veteran plates. I'll get there a little early, so I can greet everyone. Looking forward to getting together for some good food, and a great day at the range. It will be nice meeting some of our fellow Ingo members. :D

Last edited:

chrissmallwood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Seymour, IN
    Crosley has a small shed next to the entrance that usually has 2x4s and cardboard in it if your willing to brave the wasps that live in there. The benches are covered and their is a tree line behind the benches that provides plenty of shade into the afternoon.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Crosley has a small shed next to the entrance that usually has 2x4s and cardboard in it if your willing to brave the wasps that live in there. The benches are covered and their is a tree line behind the benches that provides plenty of shade into the afternoon.

Ok sounds good. I have never been there so this will be my first trip. I'll still bring some cardboard, just in case we need it.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I will of course, also have my carry gun. My FNP 9mm. You think Waffle House would mind, if I went all tactical ninja with my drop leg holster :D.

As long as you tip BIG, nothing would probably be said. Seymour Police would probably think it was funny as well.

ThePhantom86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    Columbus
    I'm gearing up for this. I'll be in Seymour on Sunday to visit my brother down there and plan on picking up some ammo at Bassmasters.

Good idea about the cooler, we'll bring ours with various refreshments.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm gearing up for this. I'll be in Seymour on Sunday to visit my brother down there and plan on picking up some ammo at Bass Masters.

Good idea about the cooler, we'll bring ours with various refreshments.

Do you know where Acme Sports in Seymour is? It's on the other side of highway 50 across from the State Police post, and right next to the Stihl dealership. They have an excellent ammo selection, and good prices to boot. If you have not been in there, I highly recommend you give them a look. I always deal with Clint, he is the tall one. He is a very nice guy. Not for sure what there hours for Sunday are. I have there card at home, I can find out when I get back there. I stopped going to Bass Masters years ago, I just never cared for them, and the last time I was in there. Their ammo selection was pitiful.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom