• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    judging by the amount of construction that was going on on al-bakir airbase when i left, theres going to be an american presence there long past 2011.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    judging by the amount of construction that was going on on al-bakir airbase when i left, theres going to be an american presence there long past 2011.
    Gee...you mean Obama lied about getting the guys and gals home? I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you!

(On the upside, at least some of them [STRIKE]will[/STRIKE] may be coming back, before they're transferred to the 'Stan).

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Gee...you mean Obama lied about getting the guys and gals home? I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you!

(On the upside, at least some of them [strike]will[/strike] may be coming back, before they're transferred to the 'Stan).

Al Asad airbase in western Iraq is pretty well built up too. I think the decision to establish permanent bases in Iraq was made long before Obama got into office.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    thats the kicker. regardless of what he does in iraq, deployment levels wont be declining at all.

I figured as much. Especially since some guys from Indiana I know are getting ready to go back for their 3rd-4th-5th time. :dunno:

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    Goes along with how the Democrats took control of the Senate & House a few years back. Swore they'd make the change and block spending on the wars. Obama's numbers keep dropping along with supporters, so he'll just say he's cutting back. After the end of the year elections he'll announce another surge.

cyberwild360

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Marines are pretty much out of Iraq. We have 150 something Marines at last count. But our deployments to Afghanistan are on the climb.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Marines are pretty much out of Iraq. We have 150 something Marines at last count. But our deployments to Afghanistan are on the climb.
    everyones deployments to afghanistan are on the climb. wont be too long before weve got the coast guard over there en masse.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    He's claiming all "combat operations" will cease on Sept 1st.

That doesn't mean we're leaving Iraq, because we're not. We're there for the foreseeable future.

Our military will still have bases there, and they will still run patrols under the pretense of protecting those assets. We'll still have "military advisers" and we'll still have small units conducting various missions.

It's a political announcement coming in an election year where Obama is desperate for votes. His last promise was to end the war in Iraq by August of this year. Prior to that, during the campaign for President he promised an earlier time-line.

It's all a ruse to win votes.

Regardless, he's just going to send those troops to Afghanistan to continue that decade old war.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    He's claiming all "combat operations" will cease on Sept 1st.

That doesn't mean we're leaving Iraq, because we're not. We're there for the foreseeable future.

Our military will still have bases there, and they will still run patrols under the pretense of protecting those assets. We'll still have "military advisers" and we'll still have small units conducting various missions.

It's a political announcement coming in an election year where Obama is desperate for votes. His last promise was to end the war in Iraq by August of this year. Prior to that, during the campaign for President he promised an earlier time-line.

It's all a ruse to win votes.

Regardless, he's just going to send those troops to Afghanistan to continue that decade old war.

it's because war is a BIG money maker for the people who own our politicians. they wont let him end the war. not that he realy cares anyways, nor did Bush, nor any forseable future president from a mainstream political party. lies and money. The founding fathers warned us this would happen if we let banks take control.

Top Bottom