Australians having a change of heart on gun control?!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    So Abbott wants Australians to be as safe as the government can make them???

How about restoring Australians' natural rights so they can take responsibility for their own safety?

:facepalm:

JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    So Abbott wants Australians to be as safe as the government can make them???

How about restoring Australians' natural rights so they can take responsibility for their own safety?

:facepalm:

I think that it's just recently been proven (if they already didn't know) that the government can't always be there to protect it's people!

JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    Did you read the article? "Sen. David Leyonhjelm of Australia’s Liberal Democratic Party said the siege by the lone jihadi-inspired gunman this week would have been less likely if Australians were free to arm themselves."

Yeah, when liberals are saying that! WOW

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    How do Aussie political factions map onto American political factions? Surely the label "Liberal Democrat" does not cross the Pacific unmolested.

As is usually the case overseas the word "liberal" more closely equates to libertarian. These guys aren't leftists. They're more libertarianish, or classical liberal than anything else. Too many Americans tend to get stuck on words and think they mean the same thing outside of our sphere.

Liberal Democratic Party (Australia) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    What is the psychology behind why they feel the gunman being on welfare had anything to do with why it was absurd that he got a gun permit? Hmmm, is it because deep down (if not subconsciously) most people realize, excuse me I mean think :rolleyes:, that being on welfare means "we" or the gov. can control you more? Or is it the idea that they have a society that only a select few should be owning guns so why would someone that is poor be able to make that list. Elitist much?!
    They need more words like "all people" and "we the people" in their Gov. make up.
    Complaints about where we are going aside....'MERICA!

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    It is my understanding that Australia has never allowed for the carrying of weapons by citizens in public, even before the days of the Brisbane massacre and the restrictions in the aftermath.

Then again, I could be wrong.

It seems to me the general consensus there seems to be the old standard "How did he get a firearm permit?" not "We need more honest citizens that are armed."

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I wouldn't expect anything to change in OZ as a result of this tragedy. I'm sure the anti's will just want to double-down and pass even more restrictive laws against firearms. Their argument will follow standard liberal-leftist dogma about it all being about "peace and safety" and in order to make a more perfect Australia that every gun must be eradicated.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    What is the psychology behind why they feel the gunman being on welfare had anything to do with why it was absurd that he got a gun permit? Hmmm, is it because deep down (if not subconsciously) most people realize, excuse me I mean think :rolleyes:, that being on welfare means "we" or the gov. can control you more? Or is it the idea that they have a society that only a select few should be owning guns so why would someone that is poor be able to make that list. Elitist much?!
    They need more words like "all people" and "we the people" in their Gov. make up.
    Complaints about where we are going aside....'MERICA!

I think it's more along the lines of thinking here. "Oh, you have an iphone. Why do you need to be on welfare?" There it's "Oh, you have a gun. Why do you need to be on welfare?"

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom