• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    New Castle
    I've used the Pro Auto Disk on my Dillon 550b for several years. Most of my powder is ball type that meters very well in this measure.

I did replace the disks with the adjustable charge bar.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I started using a locknut under the brass retaining nuts on the hopper to keep it from loosening. Here is my press after 1200 rounds of .45 using Universal. It works just as well loading .223 with AA2300. Make sure to loosen the hopper just enough to allow it to move freely without any binding.
    Good idea about the different screws and nuts, i dont forsee the little screws that came with it going through to many cycles in that plastic.

In the standard disk I also had some spillage, especially with AA#5. It would get bad enough that it would bind the disk. I did the old graphite lube trick (using a #2 pencil) and it helped a bit but still had issues. I up graded with the Lee Precision: Pro Auto-Disk Update Kit and my problems went away. I left the spring and everything from the original in place as I didnt care for the little chain set up. I have since switched all of my plates to this and could not be happier. Loaded 300 .40 s&w and 200 44 magnum rounds the other day and might have had a grain or two of powder spillage at the most. Cycles great every time with no sticking regardless of powder.
    I thought about the upgrade kit but didnt know if i would benifit from it or not, i like the idea of the bigger hopper.

People say it doesn't matter which way you place the hopper on top of the disk, but for me it sure does. I noticed that mine would spill like crazy if it's placed one way, and not at all if it's turned around. I also put some clear nail polish on the screws so the round nuts won't back off when in use.
    Thanks for the tip.

Well i loaded up 200rds of .223 with it today. i went and did things alittle different than I had been doing. I first went through and installed all the primers, then droped all the powder in them,l then pressed in all the bullets, then crimped them. this process worked very well for me. I didnt spill any powder at all:rockwoot:. i think this is the process Im gonna use from now on. Thanks for all the advice fellas.

Top Bottom