Auto (switchblade) knives illegal where?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    The Knife Rights group has put together an application for your phone that tells you what is legal in different states called Legal Blade. Currently Autos are legal in 33 states and counting with more added every year. To my knowledge most states south of us to Florida Autos are legal, Illinois bans them though.
    OTF_Knife_Legal_States_Map_2015.gif

Knife Rights - Home

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    Thanks, will check out the app. The site I listed say KY and Oh it is legal to have, but illegal to conceal. TN is legal for both. Guess if I stop in KY or OH I will be sure to pull it from my concealed pocket and whip it around so everyone knows I have it/not concealed

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    IANAL, but I believe in Kentucky if you have an Indiana LTCH you can carry a switchblade concealed, otherwise open carry is allowed.

(I'll look for evidence to support my claim above...)

Thanks, will check out the app. The site I listed say KY and Oh it is legal to have, but illegal to conceal. TN is legal for both. Guess if I stop in KY or OH I will be sure to pull it from my concealed pocket and whip it around so everyone knows I have it/not concealed

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    The Knife Rights group has put together an application for your phone that tells you what is legal in different states called Legal Blade. Currently Autos are legal in 33 states and counting with more added every year. To my knowledge most states south of us to Florida Autos are legal, Illinois bans them though.
    OTF_Knife_Legal_States_Map_2015.gif

Knife Rights - Home

I'll say this, check with each state on what laws you need to be aware of before you travel through them.
    Like Maryland, lots of laws concerning auto knifes in Maryland. It's not exactly a green state once you go beyond owning one and having it sit on your dresser.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    in Kentucky they are considered a deadly weapon, so if you are a Kentucky resident you have to have a Kentucky "license to carry a concealed deadly weapon" whitakers guns in Owensboro wont sell you one, unless you have the license, but they will sell to an Indiana resident without one(cause they're legal for everyone) I hear (INAL) that out of state residents have to have their states equivalent (to the ky ccdw) to carry a auto knife.

I live in Indiana, work in Kentucky and carry a hk scorch everyday, hidden release auto to be safe

Top Bottom