• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I wish they had a video review. I'm looking for a replacement from pocket wallet. What do like about it? How many cards does it hold? Can't your cash escape through the cords?

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    I haven't been able to get one yet but have handled them that friends have. I plan to get one soon. I like that it's smaller than a regular leather wallet. Makes it a good size for front pocket carry but is also comfy for back pocket carry. The cash could be carried inside as well. One thing I really like about it is that the cord provides a nice place for something like my student ID that I have to show for riding the bus. Easy access and I could easily flash the card. Also the cord tension is adjustable using the slots on the side to fit more or less cards. It's definitely a different platform than a normal wallet that prob takes a little getting use to. Sort of like a money clip but with more functionality. I will post a review after getting my hands on one.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I use a leather front pocket wallet / clip right now and have been thinking about a replacement. Current wallet is a couple of years old - may give this a shot. I agree with Titanium_Frost, for $25 bucks might be worth a try.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    They´re not all sold out. There are some combos that are in stock. You just have to change the options to see what is in stock.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Got mine this weekend and like it so far. Lots thinner than the wallet I had previously and more comfortable to sit on (I keep it in a back pocket). Only issue so far (small one) is the cards appear to slide to the top a bit after sitting on it for an extended period. Nothing has fallen out or anything, but the cards will move towards the opening after awhile. No issues at all with the cash falling out/moving around in the shock cords. Here's a few pics of mine with about 13 cards in it and five or six bills. Seems to me I remember the website saying it would hold up to 35, but that seems like a lot.

ErickW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Just checked again, and there are a few styles in stock, just got a blue carbon fiber with black cord.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Mini review: Here's my take on these wallets after trying one out for a few weeks.

Pros: It has some great positive aspects. Very slim and light (as long as you don't carry 20 or 30 cards with you). Very comfortable to sit on (hardly notice it's there). Great place for an ID on the front for a quick flash (on the bus etc...). Sturdy/made of quality materials. Cool designs. Holds cash easily in the shock cord.

Cons: The cons aren't problems with the wallet itself, but rather personal preferences for what I like in a wallet. Obviously you can't carry change in it (which I like to do). I got annoyed having to put change in my pocket because if I change pants or take the change out of my pocket when I get home and forget to put it in my pocket again, it's not with me when I need it, which means I have to end up having to carry more change when I have to give a five bucks for something that costs $4.10. Another 90 cents in the pocket. Finally, the hard material (kydex) started to visibly wear on my back pocket after just 2 or 3 weeks of use. I can't afford to buy new pants any sooner than I absolutely have to so I don't like the faster wear and tear. It didn't wear a hole in it but it did make visible marks much more quickly than a leather wallet.

Conclusion: I think I'm going to stick with my leather wallet. Nothing wrong with the wallet itself in terms of workmanship or design. In fact, I really like it and wish it could work for me. I know others who have this wallet and absolutely love it. Just personal preference. I want to be able to carry change in my wallet and have something that doesn't wear out my pants too quickly. This wallet would be great for someone who is used to carrying a money clip but wants something unique.

ErickW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    I've had mine less than a week and so far like it pretty well. I will say there is a learning curve to the functionality of this wallet vs your standard style, but overall, so far so good. I carry front pocket for what it's worth.

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    147   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    Does the cord need to be removed every time you take cards out?

I have one and typically only pull 1-3 cards out of my wallet (ID, CC, Debit) and I rarely took the cord off. If you use more cards than that on a frequent basis I would say yes, you'll need to remove the cord.

Also, I agree with rbMPSH12's mini review. Do I like it? Yes, it's pretty awesome, but personal preference is taking me back to the leather wallet.

If anyone is interested I would sell mine for half off plus shipping. I carried it for maybe a week. I believe is is the Mandrake/Coyote variety.

Top Bottom