• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I went to a Hawks game a couple of hours ago.

Its hard to describe how much this guy gets the crowd going. He sings super loud, opera style, and the whole crowd erupts with loud cheering and applauding the whole time.

The singer's name is Jim Cornelison, and you need to hear him perform the National Anthem... In person, if possible, at the United Center, or the next best thing is in this video.

Skip forward to 1:40 to hear the American National Anthem. He sings the Canadian National Anthem first. Yes, back to back.

YouTube - Jim Cornelison

Go Hawks.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    The crowd was so loud, I couldn't hear the organ accompaning him during the first minute. He didn't try to over embellish it like most singers do. Simple, but powerful. I need to go to a hockey game to hear a singer. :yesway:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Skip forward to 1:40 to hear the American National Anthem. He sings the Canadian National Anthem first. Yes, back to back.

For the benefit of those poor individuals who haven't discovered hockey yet:

When a Canadian team plays an American team, both anthems are sung starting with the Visitors.

Top Bottom