• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlphaRHINO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Evansville
    MY wife is 7 months pregnant with our second child, so we are currently stocking up on the necessary baby items. We were walking up to the door of Babies R Us and I noticed the anti gun sign. I stopped right in my tracks and my wife was like "honey what is wrong"? I told her we cannot go in there. She asked why, and I said because I am carrying and they are antigun. She said, "well I guess we are not shopping here anymore"

I was floored that I did not have to explain to her about them denying our rights to protect ourselves. We went to target instead and spent a few hundred bucks.

I just thought I would share this story with you guys. My wife is not some crazed gun nut, she carries a firearm in her purse. This is kinda huge in my household that my wife, and not me, made the decision that we were not going to shop there anymore.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    MY wife is 7 months pregnant with our second child, so we are currently stocking up on the necessary baby items. We were walking up to the door of Babies R Us and I noticed the anti gun sign. I stopped right in my tracks and my wife was like "honey what is wrong"? I told her we cannot go in there. She asked why, and I said because I am carrying and they are antigun. She said, "well I guess we are not shopping here anymore"

I was floored that I did not have to explain to her about them denying our rights to protect ourselves. We went to target instead and spent a few hundred bucks.

I just thought I would share this story with you guys. My wife is not some crazed gun nut, she carries a firearm in her purse. This is kinda huge in my household that my wife, and not me, made the decision that we were not going to shop there anymore.

From what others have posted on here it may be quicker to list the places in Evansville that you can carry.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    In the history of the universe, there has never been a gunfight in a baby store, but ya can never be too careful....

You might be interested in my new essay. "Channeling yer inner Jedediah Smith."
    From my book "Mountain Men in the Modern World." From chapter 2 "Wyatt Earp Walks Among Us." Let me know if the link is broken...

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Money talks with these businesses. Maybe write to their corporate and that store to show them a copy of how much you spent elsewhere.

Baby-Steps! Gotta start somewhere. :dunno:

AlphaRHINO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Evansville
    Money talks with these businesses. Maybe write to their corporate and that store to show them a copy of how much you spent elsewhere.

Baby-Steps! Gotta start somewhere. :dunno:

Sorry should have noted that in my original post...I sent them an Email as my wife would not let me go speak to the manager personally

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    You probably bought the items for less money at Target any way. In my opinion, ToysRUs and BabiesRUs are way over priced on most stuff.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    In the history of the universe, there has never been a gunfight in a baby store, but ya can never be too careful....

From my book "Mountain Men in the Modern World." From chapter 2 "Wyatt Earp Walks Among Us." Let me know if the link is broken...

I guess you have missed all the 5 year old little girls running around that are expert gun stealers.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

Dude, your self-help books are crap. I know when I ordered one after you started spamming the place with them all I got was a much-photocopied pamphlet that had the first two pages with incoherent writings and the rest of the 725 pages were copies taken directly from six different spaghetti westerns. Buried in there somewhere was a blurb about the lost gold in a Nigerian bank account.

Please stop advertising your wares on our site or we will send the van for you.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Coherency is overrated. Besides, the van has already been here, and I'm writing from 'there.'

p.s. You know what pisses me off? Everything. And a van not big enough to load all that Nigerian gold.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I went in the Toys 'R Us here in Clarksville a little while ago for something. What a dump; seems like nobody shops there anymore, and the place is falling apart. No wonder, at their prices...

cmepp18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    I'm glad to see you and your wife are on the same page. My wife and I have had a discussion about what we would do in a similar situation. We agreed we would spend our hard earned money elsewhere.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    My fiancé is the same way, she refuses to support an anti-gun or Anti-2nd amendment business, and is usually quicker to point out "no firearms" signs quicker than myself.

Top Bottom