Bachmann says $2.00 a gal gas if elected.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Michelle Bachmann said at a South Carolina event that if she is elected gas would fall under $2.00.

While I support getting Obama out before he causes any more damage, the President doesn't set the price of gas. Their policies can help the price rise or drop, but they can't set it.

Remember when gas was near $4.00 a gallon in 2008 and it was Bush taking care of his oil buddies? How come this year we haven't heard the media saying that todays gas prices is caused by Obama taking care of his oil buddies?

Michele Bachmann promises $2 gas- MSN Money

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Bachmann's lunacy is just getting started. She opens her yap and nonsense will pour forth. If she were to win the nomination Obama would be assured reelection, (not that he has a lot to worry about with the current crop, anyway).

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Pursuing better energy policies and a strong dollar can make $2/gal gas possible. While the president can't set it directly, they have a whole lot of indirect influence on it, for better or worse.

The US has MASSIVE amounts of oil. Problem is, most of it is off-limits due to fed regs. The POTUS can fix that, and supply, demand and the invisible hand will do it's thing

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I believe that getting a president in office who espoused the "drill baby drill" message would drop oil prices pretty quickly.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Bachman is big on mouth and low on brains. What does it take to get the teaparty to endorse Paul? Why don't the teaparty in congress get sound bytes in favor of Paul?

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Pursuing better energy policies and a strong dollar can make $2/gal gas possible. While the president can't set it directly, they have a whole lot of indirect influence on it, for better or worse.

The US has MASSIVE amounts of oil. Problem is, most of it is off-limits due to fed regs. The POTUS can fix that, and supply, demand and the invisible hand will do it's thing
    :yesway: Yup, how about a strong push toward converting vehicles to natural gas? We have plenty of that and it's cleaner than gasoline.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    logo.png

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    While I support getting Obama out before he causes any more damage, the President doesn't set the price of gas.

No, but the President can have a huge impact:

1. EPA regs and Gulf drilling,

2. ANWR Drilling,

3. Alberta to Gulf Coast pipeline,

4. Capital gains tax abolition.

Inter alia.

Bachmann's lunacy is just getting started. She opens her yap and nonsense will pour forth.

How is what she said lunacy???:dunno:

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010

Yea I didn't understand that lunacy remark either.

I could see a snide, unsubstantiated smear like that coming from a far-left commentator on MSNBC or Huffington Post or something but I haven't seen anything come out of Bachmann's mouth that any rational thinking person would consider "lunacy".

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis

2. ANWR Drilling,

Inter alia.
    I might be able to see her try to do #1.5 Gulf drilling(only) #2 ANWR Drilling. EPA regs, the pipeline idea, and abolishing Capital Gains tax is pie in the sky. Wont happen.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I might be able to see her try to do #1.5 Gulf drilling(only) #2 ANWR Drilling. EPA regs, the pipeline idea, and abolishing Capital Gains tax is pie in the sky. Wont happen.

Assuming arguendo that there is a President Bachman and a Republican Congress (both House and Senate) how could she not sign the appropriate executive orders and press for the appropriate legislation?:dunno:

Why is it "pie in the sky" to believe that if she wins the election that her agenda cannot be implemented?

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

2. ANWR Drilling,

Inter alia.

Because it's speculation and futures trading on a worldwide market that has driven oil prices up from about $30/bbl in 2004 to the $100+ it fluctuates past today. Domestic production increase will NOT drive prices down significantly because the cheapest oil to make gasoline from, light sweet crude, mostly does not get pumped here. It still only costs on average about $20/bbl to pump and distribute petroleum, where is the rest of the cost coming from?

We can thank the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000 for allowing over the counter derivitives which essentially allows the petroleum industry to make profits twice on their own products. And gee, who was in charge of the presidency and congress in 2000? Cheney and his buddies in the oil industry through their puppet Bush.

Most of the dollars we put into the tank are going into investors pockets and all your checklist will do will make them even more money. All your checklist is is a red herring to keep the proletariat from seeing who is pulling the strings.

She's lying through her teeth or she's an idiot.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I dunno. I guess I've been through a few campaign promise seasons too many.

The possibilities are on par with sticking a Duracell up Reagan's corpse's bottom and bringing him back to star in the new Frankie Goes to Hollywood video.

other guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Peru Indiana
    Assuming arguendo that there is a President Bachman and a Republican Congress (both House and Senate) how could she not sign the appropriate executive orders and press for the appropriate legislation?:dunno:

Why is it "pie in the sky" to believe that if she wins the election that her agenda cannot be implemented?

Where have you been for the last 3 years. You can get both houses of congress and the white house , you will still need 60 votes in the senate to get anything passed unless the senate decides to change the rules which they have been unwilling to do in the past. The dems can fillibuster also. So good luck

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

2. ANWR Drilling,

Inter alia.

The problem is that she can't pass that stuff by her lonesome. That pesky Constitution, with it's mentioning of those two houses, kinda gets in her way. Unless she plans on acting unilaterally.... which, as a TP gal, I suspect wouldnt endear her very much.

Top Bottom