• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    So back in 2005 I started noticing some serious pains in my lower back, I had a degenerated disk at L4/L5 (pretty common) and finally had a surgery in 2010 after I went about a week without being able to sit or stand without some serious pain. Had a revision of that one in 2014 and have been doing the steroid injection thing about twice a year since. I'm a heavy guy, always have been, and I recently joined the local Y to help me lose some weight and rebuild some of the muscle's I've neglected trying to avoid mind-numbing pain. One of the things I'd really like to work on is identifying and strengthening the muscles associated with good handgun performance. I can tell you for sure, it involves a lot more than strong arms and hands.

I went from being a pretty good shot the week before my 2014 surgery to being absolutely lousy when I was finally able to go out shooting a couple of months later. I got pretty discouraged and have been focusing on rifles, because more than a few minutes of holding a handgun properly while shooting is pretty painful. I was curious if anyone had been through something like this and could recommend some exercises specifically targeted (pun intended) at proper handgun form.

Also feel free to use this thread to whine about your own back issues, they suck and everyone needs to vent now and then. :)

Top Bottom