• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    If theyre just backups, I challenge anyone to break them, even under combat use if their regular sight is something hardassed like an eotech.

I managed to bust one, but I seem to be in the minority. I would recommend buying something aluminum if your hard on your gear. Can't go wrong with Troy, Knights, Daniel Defense, Samson, GG&G, etc.......

smccabe17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    Just put the Magpul MBUS on, not sure if I like them or not. I really like the sights on my wife's LMT. But it is also just getting used to the co-witness. I guess I just need to shoot more to get used to it.

smccabe17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    I leave them up all the time. I was practicing using just the iron sights with the aimpoint turned off. Like if it would break for some reason. I do have the quick release on the aimpoint, so I could get it off if needed.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I leave them up all the time. I was practicing using just the iron sights with the aimpoint turned off. Like if it would break for some reason. I do have the quick release on the aimpoint, so I could get it off if needed.

Ok now I get it.

Often people misunderstand "co-witnessing" and mistakenly think that they should always be looking at the dot through the rear sight.

If you're gonna shoot irons, you should turn off the dot and and sight through the irons through the optic window (like you did). Or removed the optic if it has a QD mount (which you suggested).

For regular optic use, I would flip the MBUSs down, as they are designed. This will give you a much clearer field of view. If you really prefer to have them in place all the time I would get a more stout fixed BUIS.

Top Bottom