• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Putnam County
    The manufacturers are afraid to get slapped with fines and felony offences is they were to capitalize on the situation things i have heard is the government has told them not to manufacture until further notice but like i said i heard more than likely rumors.

Cottong2001

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Down the road a piece...
    I've got AR15 30 round mags and 10/22 BX25's ordered 2 different places. We'll see...

As far as a lot of people being sure that nothing will pass...I certainly wouldn't bet on it. Even if legislation won't pass, there are several other initiatives going on. We all need to be wary. Not panic. Definitely contact our representatives in Congress both locally and at the federal level and let them know our wishes.

arbitrary

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Typically manufacturers and retailers are allowed to clear out any inventory they have. For instance, AK kits with barrels were sold for a long time after new imports were blocked.

Soupcan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    It's unfortunate bu it seems the high capacity magazines will likely get banned. My guess is that if ou order hasn't been filled and they are deemed illegal, our order will be cancelled and money refunded if paid. Sad.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    You guys who continue to post this stuff are our own, worst enemy. There will be no bans of any kind. You are being used like a tool by the left. Don't be a tool.

browning84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Im moving to Texas when they secede.. How on earth does this stuff pass with so many gun owners ... our system is messed up

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I am worried about this too. I have Pmags, BX25's and Glock 17 mags on backorder and I am praying that they arrive before any legislation is passed.

Unfortunately, I see hi-cap mags getting banned by Congress. :(

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    The key word, should anything happen, is manufacture. If you have an order placed and paid for, but the mags have not been built yet, it's refund time. If they've been built but not shipped, you should be alright. I doubt anyone will to outlaw ownership, too many out there already. They'll just stop importation and further manufacture. Just like last time.
    My take on this go-round however, is they'll try to get too big a bite, hence killing any chance of getting anything done. I'm still watching closely though. Nothing I have or want is on any of the proposed lists, but I intend to keep the right to own them anyway.

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    They won't care if you paid for them or not. The moment the law goes into effect (if it passes) anything manufactured after that day will need to be marked so you won't get them unless you provide paperwork that you can legally have them. Then you have to hope you get a refund and the company you bought them from doesn't decide to declare bankruptcy or just "close their doors" and ignore you.

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    I think the worst thing that may happen is universal background checks.

I'm emailing my representatives to insure we aren't encumbered by by such useless legislation. Criminals don't submit themselves to background checks. Most of the denial at sale are likely mistaken identity or other NICS mistakes.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    20 and 30 round magazines are standard capacity. the 100 round snail drum would be a high capacity mag. I think in some cases they have proven unreliable. i look forward to the day that Surefire 60 and 100 round mags are affordable enough to be considered standard.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom