• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Yes, you read that right, and yes, I'm pimping for some sympathy. I just cooked up a pack of my favorite brand (Indiana Kitchen, am I far off base?) and I don't think I've ever had a pack of bacon that was as nearly meat free in my life. It was almost like frying slices of pure pig fat. Now, I know there's fat in bacon. A lot, in fact. That's expected. But this whole pack fried down to a small ziploc of not much. You couldn't tell from the outside; they'd put what meat there was visible. I hope it was just a coincidence. I just feel kinda let down. Had to let that out.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    The Marsh over here has bacon in the service meats case and it's regularly on sale for $2.99/lb It's some of the best bacon I've had. I will put this out though that the Marsh in Plainfield does have some of the best meats in the area that I have found and seems to run sales that are different from other Marsh stores in regards to meat.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Yeah, I've been looking for a good meat market around town. Everyone I ask talks about Talbot St but I can't seem to find a butcher there :dunno:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Turkey

Bacon you wont have that problem bahahahahahahhahahahaha

blasphemy.jpg

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    I actually like Turkey "Bacon". It isn't bacon, though. As long as you know that, it's a fine side item. They're not comparable, however. Bacon is of course preferred.

I'm glad negative rep is gone.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    My one and only experience with turkey bacon was terrible.. I cooked it and cooked it and cooked it and it never got crispy.. Figured that was the nature of the beast, so I ate one slice and was down with food poisoning for about a week. Yeah, I'm never touching the stuff again.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    TURKEY BACON?????????? What in the wide world of sports is that. BTW. Remember when fried chicken meant fried in pork lard. That's got a little bacon in it.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Back to the OP for a second:

I, too, have had a few lots-o-fat packages of Indiana Kitchen Bacon. However, it hasn't become frequent enough (yet) for me to switch. Every now and then, I get some with large slabs of pig meat too.

Top Bottom