• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The author of this article gets it. They are my thoughts exactly. Well worth the read. :yesway:
    The word "militia" in the 2nd Amendment means the "arms" citizens have a "right" to bear are by definition weapons of war. The Constitution doesn't give us the right to own a BB gun or participate in paintball conflicts.

The Constitution gives us the right to own and bear light infantry weapons.

Federal Judges Trample 'Militia' Aspect of 2nd Amendment

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    That is one of the problems that we have in unity as gun owners. Many hunters think their rifles are nice and the semi auto's are not nice. There are even hunters and cowboys on the NRA board that are willing to sacrifice semi auto rifles as a "compromise" A huge amount of shotgun guys are smuggly thinking "they will not come after my $32,000 Perazzi or even my $12,000 Ceasar Guerini, it is just those nasty assault rifles" I keep trying to convince them, the gun grabbers will crush a high end O/U with just as much emotional glee as a $79 sks. England destroyed showpiece firearms that were owned by kings from their museums.

We all have to fight with a unified voice.
    at the moment they are fixated on 'feature' bans, but the moment they hear the voice of everyone of use stating 'no different that any other semi auto rifle, shotgun, or handgun' is the moment they go after your glocks, 1911s, wheel guns, auto loading shotguns, deer rifles and probably any bolt action with a magazine of any sort.

Take a look at some of the seizure photos from Europe, they have been giddy to publish the seizure of 'banned evil rifles' (Spas 12, AK47, etc) that were airsoft guns. Pure lunacy over there

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    The author of this article gets it. They are my thoughts exactly. Well worth the read. :yesway:

Federal Judges Trample 'Militia' Aspect of 2nd Amendment
    Agree, except for one nit to pick: The Constitution does not give rights, but rather (in this case) reaffirms one or more rights held to be self-evident by its adherents and those who have sworn loyalty to uphold and defend it against all enemies - foreign and domestic.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    at the moment they are fixated on 'feature' bans, but the moment they hear the voice of everyone of use stating 'no different that any other semi auto rifle, shotgun, or handgun' is the moment they go after your glocks, 1911s, wheel guns, auto loading shotguns, deer rifles and probably any bolt action with a magazine of any sort.

Take a look at some of the seizure photos from Europe, they have been giddy to publish the seizure of 'banned evil rifles' (Spas 12, AK47, etc) that were airsoft guns. Pure lunacy over there

I have found that analogies work ok for explaining things to non-gun folks (Putting a Yugo engine in a corvette chassis does not make it a Corvette = similar differences between an AR-15 and an M-16), BUT THEN they don't want to apply/understand the analogy...
    ... and they (generally) don't want to learn how to talk about guns properly

THen again, some analogies fall short (car registration for gun registration, licensing, etc.)

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I have found that analogies work ok for explaining things to non-gun folks (Putting a Yugo engine in a corvette chassis does not make it a Corvette = similar differences between an AR-15 and an M-16), BUT THEN they don't want to apply/understand the analogy...
    ... and they (generally) don't want to learn how to talk about guns properly

THen again, some analogies fall short (car registration for gun registration, licensing, etc.)
    Most people who have cars think that a manual transmission is 'dinosaur technology' and should be done away with, but while they can drive their automatic EFI equipped cars we are stuck with semi-autos and being pushed towards bolt actions and single action revolvers.

It's like if you took ALL sports and took away any advancements made in the past 100 years. Or took away any scientific advancements made since the discovery of penicillin. The world is moving forward and the 2A community is getting pushed backwards

Top Bottom