• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rookie0014

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    kokomo
    got a brick of WLR was loading some 30-06 last night and most of the primers it did not take no force at all to seat the primer. took some back out of brass and put in fed primers and they felt like always. measured both primers and come out the same. what gives WLR cups softer than normal i have used win before and never noticed this before. the brass was all once fired so dont think it is wore out the primer pocket. Anyone had this before just checking? Thanks

Last edited:

boman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    indianapolis
    Win primers are ok. It's just a matter of "feel". Federal primers are ever so slightly larger in diameter and taller---cup thickness is the same.

Here's an informative link---http://www.jamescalhoon.com/primers_and_pressure.php

Steve

Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy
    What kind of brass are you using?There was a bunch of boxer primed import 30-06 awhile back that had junk brass.I shot the ammo when it was new and tried to reload it and the primers fit real loose.I threw it all out.

Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy
    That brass should be good to go.If you have any stamped 60a throw it out.Most 60A stamped brass after the first firing you can push a new primer in with your finger.I had a few pushed out when i was seating bullets.

Top Bottom