• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    Was out hunting this am down in Morristown along side the big blue river. About 9 am saw a bald eagle gliding down along the river about 50 yards from my stand. It was a cool thing to see. Guessing that is why I didn't any of the owls I normally hear every year previously. Wish I would have had my camera ready.

Last edited:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Was out hunting this am down in Morristown sling the big blue river. About 9 am saw a bald eagle gliding down along the river about 50 yards from my stand. It was a cool thing to see. Guessing that is why I didn't any of the owls I normally hear every year previously. Wish I would have had my camera ready.

Don't eagles and owls get along?

First time I saw an eagle in person I nearly crapped my pants. He was sitting on a branch looking over the Wabash. I was about 25' away and he decided that was too close!

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    I saw a map of eagle nests. It pretty much follows the white river and 67. Lots of them down there. Still rare to see them though. The last one I saw was sitting on a football goalpost.

Jason

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I found a nesting pair in Morgan county in 2009. This is one of the first photos, and this one was dive-bombing me in agitation.

naturebirdeagleflight-M.jpg

I followed them with my camera for the next three years. Eventually, they became used to me.
    Using a 400 mm lens, I always kept a respectable distance. In the Spring, I followed the progress of their children, until they left the nest. :)

IMG_4329-M.jpg

IMG_7545-M.jpg

I felt privileged to be part of their life. Magnificent creatures !
    Now days, the hike would be too rough for me (back surgery), as I had to scramble on many steep river banks to reach the nest. Hopefully, they (or another pair) are still living peacefully at the nest site, and reproducing.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    IndyJohn and I saw two while traveling away from Marion Co. last Sunday on I-70W. Most amazing thing I've seen in some time! The first was perched in a tree just off the Plainfield Exit to I-70. The second was soaring overhead about 20 minutes later. The white head and tail just about shimmer in the sunlight...stunning. We always look for them, but to see two in one day was very cool.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    Leaving work with my GF at Building 1 at 56th and Post. Huge parking lot. Got buzzed by a BIG Bald Eagle. Did I double-take.

Looked it up online to find that there's a nesting / breeding project in the Fort Harrison State Park there at 59th & Post.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom