• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foxxie02

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    May 23, 2008
    ianal but

all they can do is discipline at school including suspension/expulsion... not aware of any legal ramifications for having firearm at school in dorm room or personal car..

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    so does this thread pose some kind of question? Or are you just trying to make people aware of Ball state's weapon policy? Which is exactly the same as any other university...are we just trying to squeeze in another 18 posts so we can sell a Jennings in the classifieds for $550? If so I'm not sure this should count towards that goal.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    so does this thread pose some kind of question? Or are you just trying to make people aware of Ball state's weapon policy? Which is exactly the same as any other university...are we just trying to squeeze in another 18 posts so we can sell a Jennings in the classifieds for $550? If so I'm not sure this should count towards that goal.

Don't be too harsh. You may notice that his post count has been accumulated over a three week period. People making a dash for the magic 50 generally do more than that in a day. Also, you may remember that we do have plenty of college students on INGO. This could simply be a matter of posting a slice of a new member's daily life.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Don't be too harsh. You may notice that his post count has been accumulated over a three week period. People making a dash for the magic 50 generally do more than that in a day. Also, you may remember that we do have plenty of college students on INGO. This could simply be a matter of posting a slice of a new member's daily life.
    Yes which is why I posed those as questions and not statements...although I will admit there is an accusatory tone.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yes which is why I posed those as questions and not statements...although I will admit there is an accusatory tone.

I understand, especially when we do have those who show up to raid the classifieds and disappear, but I also worry about the damage we could do scaring off a young person for being a young person. I can recall my share of, well, less than mature thoughts and deeds from my own experiences that age, so I try to apply that knowledge the best I can.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    More like three months than weeks. He joined and first posted in January.

BuckCreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Unfortunately the proposed bill that could have banned any such rules at our universities failed to pass into law this year. Hopefully next year we can get it through.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    lamboz1....Meh, just tell the perp to wait before hurting anyone so you can call someone to be there in 5 or 10 min
    to stop perp from committing a crime. I'm sure they would wait patiently to be observed committing the crime by Law
    Enforcement so it ensures their ID & arrest.

I'm sure you've already figured out what is unseen(CC) will never create a problem.
    little more purple.....I wonder what criminal charges would be filed if one of the faculty's lives were saved by a student exercising
    their rights?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I understand, especially when we do have those who show up to raid the classifieds and disappear, but I also worry about the damage we could do scaring off a young person for being a young person. I can recall my share of, well, less than mature thoughts and deeds from my own experiences that age, so I try to apply that knowledge the best I can.

Who's in a hurry to pay more for a used gun than a new one?

NBLSVL.EDC.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    I went there, and +1 to what Dmarsh said.

I carried a lot at BSU. On campus, off campus, to the bar(probably not the best idea, though)...I just always had it on me.

CC and there will be no issues.

And hey, Ball State was the best 7 years of my life!

Jrhemming

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Kokomo
    I too carried on campus while I was at ball state. I was going to school there during the vt shooting. Back then I just carried in my backpack. I was nieve then if I were still there today it would be on my hip. Keep it concealed and there's no problem.

lamboz1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    United States
    Wasn't posing a question, just wanted to post the info. Unaware of any criminal penalties for carrying on campus, but im sure if they ask u to leave and u dont, they can say you're trespassing

Went to the spring game yesterday and looked it up before I left. Didnt know or realize that all campuses have the same policy.... went to the blue and gold game last week and didn't even think to look for their policy, and locked my firearm in my car.

Sometimes I look for info on ingo before googling, so hopefully this link can make it easier for someone else to find

Phipps

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    East Central Indiana
    I was a K-12er at Burris and graduated Ball State a year ago. Burris is a laboratory school for Ball State and is technically a part of the BSU campus, but I'm not sure if Burris policies are different or can override the set BSU policies.

i never carried on campus but I carrying in the bars/village was a different story (when I was DDing). The village carried a pretty high crime rate of people getting attacked and jumped at gun point or getting attacked with blade weapons a little over a year ago.

Top Bottom