• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    If the Dept of Justice would spend less time pandering to the so called Social Justice Warriors, and stay the hell out of matters of the States, this issue would be lessened. The powers that be in many states are less and less concerned with actual justice and more concerned with pacifying the vocal minorities. The unpleasant truths that occur day in and day out are part of a reality that some refuse to accept. Those in the "dindu nuffin" portion of society are NOT the ones who need pandered to to keep law and order. The unpleasant truths seem too much for some to accept and they'd rather sacrifice justice and righteousness to avoid hurting the feelings of the vocal minority.

Absolutely. And to your point about the Feds getting involved, this has increased dramatically under Obama. Freddie Gray dies, Obama fans the flames, and out of the smoke magically appears Mosby to bring "justice." Because of Obama's grandstanding and the riots, she thinks she has the political impetus to get convictions no matter what the truth actually is, and who gets hurt along the way. This has happened more than once in the last eight years.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If the Dept of Justice would spend less time pandering to the so called Social Justice Warriors, and stay the hell out of matters of the States, this issue would be lessened.

What you say is truth and there should be a high bar for federal involvement, but remember, this is a state level prosecution in Baltimore.

It is coming apart like a cardboard suitcase in the ran. It will not go well for the Baltimore DA.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Absolutely. And to your point about the Feds getting involved, this has increased dramatically under Obama. Freddie Gray dies, Obama fans the flames, and out of the smoke magically appears Mosby to bring "justice." Because of Obama's grandstanding and the riots, she thinks she has the political impetus to get convictions no matter what the truth actually is, and who gets hurt along the way. This has happened more than once in the last eight years.

I suspect Mosby knew there would be no conviction but thought the politics were better to try. Political motive to a political persecution. Auto correct, but probably fits better.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Does anyone know offhand the background of this law professor? Does he perchance have some previous connection to Baltimore or is he just concerned that the DA is such a bad example that she will foul public confidence in the law in Baltimore.
    From what little I know of him he is famous soliciting people to file lawsuits against tobacco companies, soft drink companies, and McDonald's because he blames them rather than the people the consumer products for their problems. He is also known for requiring his students to participate in these crusades.

He recently made the news for suggesting that the state should take away peoples children if the parents smoke. He also went after Catholic University for not being open enough to Islam as well as sued CU for the human rights violation of not having coed dorms.

It does not appear he has any background in the practice of criminal law, which makes sense when you consider that his disciplinary complaint IMO flails about for a definition of "probable cause".

I haven't been able to access the whole complaint, but what I have been able to read of it appears to be pretty poorly written. That said, it appears pretty likely that Mosby violated at least some of the canons.

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    So if I read this correctly, as a prosecutor Mosby has complete immunity to be a dirtbag, but as an investigator she's liable for damages, if the cops can prove their case:

Mosby's attorneys had said she has absolute prosecutorial immunity from actions taken as a state's attorney. But [U.S. District Judge Marvin J.] Garbis noted that her office has said it conducted an independent investigation.

"Plaintiffs' malicious prosecution claims relate to her actions when functioning as an investigator and not as a prosecutor," Garbis wrote.

Freddie Gray Case Trials - Baltimore Sun

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    So if I read this correctly, as a prosecutor Mosby has complete immunity to be a dirtbag, but as an investigator she's liable for damages, if the cops can prove their case:

Freddie Gray Case Trials - Baltimore Sun

Yes, prosecutors generally enjoy complete immunity for actions taken prosecuting a case, with the exception of discipline, disbarment, contempt etc. However, if they step outside that role into an investigative one they generally only have qualified immunity and in some circumstances can be successfully sued.

While not ideal, there is a reason that this immunity exists. The taxpayers are not willing to pay for hundreds of thousands of civil suits filed every year by every criminal who gets convicted and locked up. Plus, you wouldn't be able to get anyone to take the job.

Top Bottom