• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wagswook

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Hey Group,

I purchased a Moss 500 field / deer combo last night and as they were filing the FFL paperwork they handed me a business card size ad from the NRA which was titled:

Barack Obama's Ten Point Plan To "Change" The Second Amendment.

Here were the 10 points:

1) Ban use of firearms for home defense
    2) Pass Federal laws eliminating your Right-to-Carry.
    3) Ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns.
    4) Close down 90% of the gun shops in America.
    5) Ban rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.
    6) Increase federal taxes on guns and ammunition by 500%
    7) Restore voting rights for five million criminals including those who have been convicted of using a gun to commit a violent crime.
    8) Expand the Clinton semi-auto ban to include millions more firearms.
    9) Mandate a government-issued license to purchase a firearm.
    10) Appoint judges to the U.S. Supreme Court and Federal judiciary who share his views on the Second Amendment.

With all of that being said, I can't imagine that most of these are even possible, however those that we should really take to heart are numbers 5, 6, 8, & most of all 10.

Just thought I would pass this along!

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADkScpQyfc8"]YouTube - Obama's 10 Point Plan to Change the 2nd Amendment[/ame]

National Rifle Association | Political Victory Fund

obamachange.jpg

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    NOT that I am in anyway defending BHO but....

The mailing also included a wallet card (below) listing what the NRA claims are Obama's positions on guns, though they are not in fact his campaign positions, and in many cases it seems flatly to contradict them. The NRA claims Obama wants to bar the use of firearms for home defense and ban the manufacture and sale of handguns. How the group reaches those conclusions is unclear. In one case, though, it interprets an Illinois proposal he backed to close gun shops near schools and parks as a plan to "close down 90 percent of the gun shops in America."

There is not any "plan" that I can find.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    A bit over the top IMO but this congress and president will try to limit the 2nd amendment in some way or another and we need to be prepared to deal with them.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Folks, take a deep breath.

What EVERYONE can start doing is establishing a line of communication with their elected representatives. They need to know that YOU, in no uncertain terms, WILL NOT abide by ANY legislation that further restricts our 2nd Amendment rights - PERIOD. Let them know that if THEY want YOUR vote, then THEY need to protect YOUR individual rights. Send letters, send e-mails, start petitions, hold meetings (and invite the officials), send smoke signals - do something and start now.

The next election is less than two years away. The imbalance of power, the check and balance can be restored, just like in '96. We need to identify those candidates who support our rights here and in other states and do all we can to support them.

Mr. Obama, as we speak, is getting his first classified briefing. His honeymoon of hope just got a big, cold, wet blanket draped upon it. It is my opinion that our guns are not on his or the congress' radar, and should not be. The economy, energy, the wars and health care are all on the front burner which is good news in terms of that the attention is not on us.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

Obama needs a plan :rolleyes: He has the Brady Campaign, Rahm Emanuel (author of the AWB) as his Chief of Staff, Nancy Pelosi, a Democrat Congress and his own very anti gun Illinois record to show his support for a ban.

Obama's first pick: Israeli Rahm Emanuel as chief of staff

0.gif
    By Haaretz Correspondents and AP , By Anshel Pfeffer and Shlomo Shamir

0.gif
    A day after his historic election to become the first black American president, Barack Obama stepped into the role of president-elect yesterday, inviting Rahm Emanuel to join his administration as White House chief of staff, Democratic officials said.

Emanuel, a former Bill Clinton adviser, is the son of a Jerusalem-born pediatrician who was a member of the Irgun (Etzel or IZL), a militant Zionist group that operated in Palestine between 1931 and 1948.
    0.gif
    Advertisement

Obama intends to announce key cabinet and staff staff members in the next few days to ensure a swift transition to the White House in January, which would allow him to deal with the global economic crisis as quickly as possible.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Buy Now

From watching the TV and reading articles like this I believe the truth is somewhere in the middle but that is still scary. I notice that a lot of the distributors are out of stock on the popular items which tells me people are stocking up before the hammer falls. Distributors will jump on this panic and start raising prices; some have already done so from what I am reading on this site. :xmad:

Get them while the getting is good. :ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15:

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    My point was one of credibility. If NRA or anyone starts rabidly spouting off undocumented "facts" that may or may not be true that undermines our power with our representatives. You can only cry wolf so many times.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Why did you originally post this in General Firearms Discussion?

Hey Group,

I purchased a Moss 500 field / deer combo last night and as they were filing the FFL paperwork they handed me a business card size ad from the NRA which was titled:

Here were the 10 points:

1) Ban use of firearms for home defense
    2) Pass Federal laws eliminating your Right-to-Carry.
    3) Ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns.
    4) Close down 90% of the gun shops in America.
    5) Ban rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.
    6) Increase federal taxes on guns and ammunition by 500%
    7) Restore voting rights for five million criminals including those who have been convicted of using a gun to commit a violent crime.
    8) Expand the Clinton semi-auto ban to include millions more firearms.
    9) Mandate a government-issued license to purchase a firearm.
    10) Appoint judges to the U.S. Supreme Court and Federal judiciary who share his views on the Second Amendment.

With all of that being said, I can't imagine that most of these are even possible, however those that we should really take to heart are numbers 5, 6, 8, & most of all 10.

Just thought I would pass this along!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I am sickened and disheartened and extremely sad. I think I will again go curl up on the couch with my kids and cry.... All while clinging to my guns and religion praying to God the Country see's the error they have made....

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Source please

I think it's not so much that Obama has specifically stated that these are his plans, but based on his history (my comments in red):

a business card size ad from the NRA

Here were the 10 points:

1) Ban use of firearms for home defense (remember Hale Demar?)
    2) Pass Federal laws eliminating your Right-to-Carry. (a comment he made many times, but even during the campaign, he said he saw no reason for CC by the citizens)
    3) Ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns. (or at least semi-autos)
    4) Close down 90% of the gun shops in America. (no gun shops within a 5 mile radius of any public park or school)
    5) Ban rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting. (because it's so dangerous :rolleyes:)
    6) Increase federal taxes on guns and ammunition by 500% (I am thinking I recall a photo by Mr. Oleg Volk showing a .22LR cartridge, 2 pennies, and 2 quarters referencing this)
    7) Restore voting rights for five million criminals including those who have been convicted of using a gun to commit a violent crime. (this is the only item I've never seen anything from him or even about him supporting)
    8) Expand the Clinton semi-auto ban to include millions more firearms. (he is on record as supporting this)
    9) Mandate a government-issued license to purchase a firearm. (this too)
    10) Appoint judges to the U.S. Supreme Court and Federal judiciary who share his views on the Second Amendment. (little doubt of this. I'm not sure he's actually said it, but it's fairly clear this would be his litmus test)

Rahm Emanuel (author of the AWB)
    I thought Joe Biden wrote the AWB?

Blessings,
    B

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    My point was one of credibility. If NRA or anyone starts rabidly spouting off undocumented "facts" that may or may not be true that undermines our power with our representatives. You can only cry wolf so many times.
    -Voted to allow the prosecution of citizens who use a firearm for self-defense in the home (Illinois Senate, S.B. 2165. 3/25/04);
    - Voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to put America's firearms industry out of business (S.397, vote 219, 7/29/05);
    - Voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting (United States Senate, S. 397, vote 217, 7/29/05);
    - Supported a 500% increase in federal taxes on guns and ammunition (Chicago Defender, 12/13/99);
    - Voted to ban hundreds of rifles and shotguns commonly used for hunting, including single-shot, over-under and side-by-side shotguns (Illinois Senate SB 1195, 3/13/03); and,
    - Proposed restrictions that would close 90% or more of all gun stores in the U.S. (Chicago Defender, 12/13/99).
    The above information with references was taken from an email I received from NRA-PVF on 31 October 2008.
    Some of the "facts on the O.P.'s statement are in fact "facts".

ETA: If you would like me to FWD this email to you I can certainly do so. Just ask.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!

Obama's plan is changing all the time. He is on record as saying he believes the 2nd amendment provides for an individual right, He doesn't say he supports it or agrees with it.
    He also has said he believes Cities and communities have a right to reasonable gun laws.
    He said it was reasonable to ban handguns, He said it was reasonable to make sure any legal long arm be in a state (Locked or disassembled) that it cannot be readily used. He voted to allow for the prosecution of people who defend themselves IN THEIR OWN HOME.
    Look at his voting record.

Barack Obama -- GOA 2008 Presidential Candidates and the Second Amendment
    [SIZE=+2]Barack Obama's Gun-Related Votes[/SIZE] [SIZE=+2]The U.S. Senate Debated: [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]Obama
    Voted:[/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+1]Supporting concealed carry for citizens10 [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]Anti-gun[/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+1]Banning many common semi-automatic firearms11 [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]Disallowing self-defense in towns where guns are banned12 [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]Imposing one handgun a month restrictions13 [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]Requiring lock up your safety trigger locks14 [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]Protecting gun dealers from frivolous lawsuits15 [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]Outlawing gun confiscations during a national emergency16 [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]Pro-gun[/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+1]Squelching the free speech rights of gun owners17 [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]Restricting the interstate sales of firearms18 [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]Repealing the gun ban in Washington, DC19 [/SIZE]

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    The Dem's and anti Gunners will not stab away at our 2nd Amendment Rights piecemeal. They will seal the deal in one fell swoop of an all encompassing non sunset AWB. It will close the "infamous gun show loophole" and probably prohibit individual sales entirely. Ammunition tax & weapons surcharge will be handled like any other tax issue and will be proposed to support Obama's Change for America. Why try to kill the 2nd Amendment with small pin pricks when they can and will stab us with a fatal blow. No sense in them enduring opposition to multiple legislation when they can accomplish it with one stunning fatal blow.

"Never underestimate your enemies."

Top Bottom