• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    the front spring rod, (i know its called something else can't think of the name), is made of plastic in the baretta 92 fs, do they sell an after market one made of metal. love the barettas but dnt really like that plastic. i would think a steel rod would b better. do they sell them aftermarket???

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    They do sell aftermarket guide rods for the Beretta. I believe you can get them direct from Beretta for a pretty penny, or spend less buying it off of a parts website (CDNN, Midway, Brownells, Numerich, etc.).

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    What's with everyone going cheap?! Both of my 10/22s are older, and have all aluminum parts. A buddy of mine just bought one, and the trigger guard/lower is plastic now!?

ludlow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I bought one from Steve Bedair at guiderod.com I'm very happy with his product. I used one in a Sig P2022 that I had as well.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    thats what i was think, i dnt have a beretta but i do have a taurus pt92. baretta platform. i was join to upgrade to a baretta 92fs, but seeing how cheap there being made now made me second-guess. thats y iwas wondering bout the steel guide rod. il probably get one though since i can get a better one.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Allegedly, Beretta went to the polymer guide rod and fluted it so that it would be more resistant to sand residue. Logic is that sand would go into the flutes which wouldn't interfere with the guide ride moving through its hole in the slide like a solid rod with sand on it would.

Don't know if there's any truth to that, but that's what I heard.

I would just use the current one until it fails.

Top Bottom