• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dooshie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Indy
    We also have members here that remember how Dicks screwed over the entire gun community with their actions. Some people may not remember or even know about what they did. No one here is out of line by reminding us that they are not a true friend of gun owners. There's no need to start another thread, they are already out there. Besides, it's relevant to this one.

Also, no one here has said anything bad about the OP either. It's good of him to point out a deal for other members to act on if they choose. Our main beef is with the business and their actions, which the OP may or may not be aware of.
    honestly I don't remember... but really is this the place to bicker about it.... the topic has to do about ammo sale not why I won't buy there.... that's what i'm trying to get at... Some people might see this and never post if they see a ammo sale cuase of how this one was respomded to...

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    honestly I don't remember... but really is this the place to bicker about it.... the topic has to do about ammo sale not why I won't buy there.... that's what i'm trying to get at... Some people might see this and never post if they see a ammo sale cuase of how this one was respomded to...

I get that.

There is more to business than price only, at least there should be. Customer service matters (think I've might have said that a time or 500 here). Dicks may have a good price, for now. How they treated the gun community after Sandy Hook was just flat out wrong and it ticked off lots of people. As you can see from this very thread, people remember. I've spent $1.38 at Dicks. That was the tax on a pair of gloves that were 19.99 that I used a $20 gift card on. I, along with many others, will never spend another dime in that business. I've even told the rest of the family I don't want any more gift cards from there. They wanted to know why, I told them, they agreed and decided they would no longer shop there either.

I'm sure there are lots of people that don't know what Dicks did. Probably lots more that don't care. Price is nice, but it's not the only thing that matters. Bad business behavior should not be rewarded.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    To all those boycotting Dick's, I hear you. The only reason I knew about the sale, was because I was told. "Dick's" name fits. I don't shop there either, but I'm willing to scoop up some "loss-leader" ammo so that my shooting will be more affordable--knowing that dick's isn't making a profit either!

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    FWIW- Cabelas has some M22 Winchester 800 rnd boxes for $62. I couldn't get checked out fast enough on line to grab some. You might try the local Cabelas if you're down that way. Wally has 1k rnd boxes for $5x.00 if you find those hens teeth.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Anyone that only cares about the money and saving a dollar should look at the bigger picture.
    As Gun owners we can have a strong voice if we stick together.
    We have enough combined influence to make our presence felt.
    Why support any business that will bow down to the oppressors.
    To those that will buy from Dicks and other similar businesses DON'T buy from me.
    Your tainted money and selfish thinking aren't welcome in my world.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    So Dicks sporting goods hurt your feeling. So what they have ammo on sale. Hey when I hear Ammo Sale I'm there if the price is right. You people with the hurt feeling Keep it to yourself. or start your own thread on why Dicks sporting goods hurt my feeling. We have a member that was nice enough to let those who do care or need 22Lr where they could pick some up... And for that I say Thank you GIJEW

You're not in charge.

Dicks made a choice, I hope it costs them. Why should we support people who do not support us? The folks at the Bloomington MC Sports supports us, so I will support them.

dooshie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Indy
    You're not in charge.

Dicks made a choice, I hope it costs them. Why should we support people who do not support us? The folks at the Bloomington MC Sports supports us, so I will support them.

hey smart guy I'm not defending Dicks... I'm defending what this post was about. I could give to arses about them.... see the picture now

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    FWIW- Cabelas has some M22 Winchester 800 rnd boxes for $62. I couldn't get checked out fast enough on line to grab some. You might try the local Cabelas if you're down that way. Wally has 1k rnd boxes for $5x.00 if you find those hens teeth.

It is good to know how Dick's measures up against the competition.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    how soon we forget. Dick's was GOUGING THE HELL out of us during the great .22 LR ammo shortage. Blatantly screwing us...I haven't been in Dick's in almost 5 years and I don't see me ever going back.

Top Bottom