• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Letch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Hey guys, I'm working on building an AR upper that could function in the target shooting or coyote hunting category. I've accumulated all of the parts except for the barrel. I'm stuck between a green mountain barrel and one from ballistic advantage. From what I've found, both companies produce pretty good stuff, perhaps a bit better from green mountain. The green mountain is also a chunk more expensive. I was wondering if you guys had any experience or input into which was a better option.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    Both companies produce good barrels that should be fine for how you intend to use your AR. If you buy directly from Ballistic Advantage they will install a pinned gas block or FSB for an additional $40.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I have no experience with green mountain barrels, but I have a 10.5 inch barrel from BA and I'm a fan. I think you get more than you pay for. Quality was very nice with mine, accuracy so far seems to be better than I expected, and it's functioned perfectly.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    I don't see how green mountain is any better. I have a ba and it outperforms my green mountain. Even my redxarms barrel outperforms my green mountain. Ba is good quality and has a moa accuracy guarantee with match ammo and run sells all the time. Last barrel I got was a .300aac barrel for 100 shipped.

Letch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Ok so clearly there's some BA support on here. Good to know because it's cheaper and so am I. My experience with GM comes from the rimfire world but I guess it'll stay that way for now. Off to spend money I don't have.

Top Bottom