• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    You think that Academy could do a little better on the price? I guess you do get to keep the barrel...

12,500 rounds of Federal green tipped 5.56 for $4999.99.

10214168.jpg

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Assuming the sales tax in the state where you drive to & buy the barrel is also 7%, you are now up to .427 cents per round. Not counting the gas you burn to get to Nashville...

VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    Yeah, but think about how many people have these barrels in their ammo stash! The "wow" factor would be incredible. 25K rounds of M855, that's a lot of zombie fodder. Besides, get 4 or 5 people together and make a weekend trip out of it. You'd need a heavy duty trailer to haul it all home, and whatever you do, don't get stopped in Illinois. "You see officer..."

stlaser

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    I believe sales tax in TN is higher than that........

As long as whoever picks it up acts as a "hot shot freighter" then it is on the buyer to pay user tax on his taxes at the end of the year. If your honest then you get a few months of interest on your money. If your not honest to the .gov then well your ahead quite a few pennies per round. :D

Assuming the sales tax in the state where you drive to & buy the barrel is also 7%, you are now up to .427 cents per round. Not counting the gas you burn to get to Nashville...

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I can buy it in 20 round boxes cheaper than that every day, and get it delivered free if the quantity was high enough.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Mind sharing from where?

You can pick up very similar from either LuckyGunner or BulkAmmo...

The stuff I get from LG has never taken more than two days to arrive, and I cant imagine burning through 12 K...

same price per round but you don't have OLD stuff sitting at the bottom of a Barrel... Get a smaller pony barrel or 5 gallon Drums and fill them up as needed... Heck of a lot easier to move in a 5 Gallon can also...

This is just silly to buy in this quantity... (I also like to mix in tracers as well :) ) buy 2000 of each and have a good ol' time and then buy it again when you need it....

Bulk 5.56x45 M855 Lake City Ammo For Sale - 62 gr FMJ Ammunition In Stock

Which is easier to load in a SHTF scenario. a five gallon pail, or a 55 gallon Drum weighing who knows how much...

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I think it is a .gov trap to see who is purchasing "large quantities" of ammunition. Inside the barrel is really an undercover ATFE agent that jumps out when you get it home, and whisks you away never to be heard from again.
    :tinfoil:

Top Bottom