• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I recently purchased a Midwest Industries T15 from MidwayUSA and finally got around to installing it on my upper. After installing the trim ring on the muzzle end of the handguard, I notice the barrel is far to one side of the trim ring. I'm wondering if this is a common occurrence that I shouldn't think twice about or if it needs attention. Anybody run into a similar situation?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I might be a bit mad about the appearance, but since it is a free float mount I don't see it affecting accuracy. Of course if its so far off that your rail mounted accessories don't align properly to let scopes or red dots be sighted in, or lights to point where you need them to and such, then it would be useable. With the T15 off, is the barrel noticeably misaligned with the receiver? I'm trying to visualize this in my head how it looks.

Last edited:

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    the handguard is misaligned horizontally and is nearly touching on the safety selector side. The barrel looks to be straight with the receiver and shoots well with the scope. If the handguard were an inch longer, I bet it would touch the barrel.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Sent an email to Midwest Industries. They replied early this morning, told me it wasn't standard and that another one was on the way. Great service from Midwest!

Top Bottom