• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    Yeah ,I had a guy hand me a compact glock in 45 acp ( don't ask me what model as I am not a glock man)and I shot a pop can off a berm at 50 yards ,first shot.

I handed it back to him without taking another shot.
    He still tells his friends what an awesome shot I am.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    We have a place in Indiana where we can shoot .50 BMG's to 2,500 yards. Level as a house floor for that far and a 20 foot high earth berm back stop.
    1,000 yards off-hand with anything is impressive, let alone a .50

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    That was one heck of a shot...I want to see him do it again. :D

Icky, that's not me!!!

That video is at Texas Triggers in . . . Sonora, Texas.:D

Home Page

Kirk, he obviously didn't watch the video or he would of known it was in Texas. Also, I'm betting that range is on at least 1000 acres. Very common for land owners in that part of the state sitting on 1000s of acres. So, plenty of room for long range shooting.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I bet my Capt. one time that I could hit a target at 300 yards with my Beretta M9. Didn't hit it on the first shot. It took three. Glad I had witnesses but these kinds of shots prove the old saying, "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again"

FootLoose.45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    Indianapolis
    thats a heck of a shot off hand. he acted like it was no big deal and just set the gun down and walked away. even if he has done it before its still impressive that it took only one shot.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Great shot, but consider the shooter's training, qualifications and experience. Like most things, long range shooting is learned. After countless hours of training, practice, practice and more practice and years of real life application it can be made to look "easy". Still a lot that has to be factored in a shot like that but if you apply the four basic fundamentals of marksmanship you're most of the way there.
    When you do make a shot like that, of course you put the gun down and walk away! LOL

Top Bottom