• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Why are memories so short? No offense to anyone, but Maj. Hassan was not the first. Anyone remember the grenade attack on the company CP (101st ABN) in Kuwait? None of those wounded received a Purple Heart because it was a case of fratricide, just like this one.

In the case of green on blue, the PH is awarded only in the event of the US Service-members death. It can also be awarded in the case of friendly fire only if the injuries were sustained in the heat of battle with the intention of damaging the enemy.

PURPLE HEART CRITERIA - Recognize the Sacrifice

I remember the guy tossing the grenade into the command tent. I did not refer to it as that guy was NOT in DIRECT contact with AQ or it's NUMBER TWO man!

That was a case of fratricide I agree but, not a full blown case of terrorism as in the Ft. Hood terror attack.

Bobo the Clown is once again playing with people lives in order to further his own political claims. That is ALL this is about.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    He'll, Sec of State John Kerry got THREE PH's for less than the terror victims of Ft Hood have gone through.

The only difference in the Ft Hood attack and 9/11 was that the attacker was wearing a USA uniform. Same cultist ideals and SAME terror group.

Gaijin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I have two PH's, one from 1992 (the "first gulf war" and the other from 8 years later. As much as I feel for these folks in Texas, the wounds suffered did not occur in combat, nor were they a direct result of 'enemy' fire. Yes, the Army Major COULD (should) be classified as an enemy combatant, but due to the fact that he was an Active Duty Officer of the US Army, a PH is not warranted.

Gaijin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    And, as a retired USN CPO, don't even mention John Kerry - especially not in my community - total douche, liar and a male (not a man) who even 45 years ago believed in self promotion.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Is this really your example? Pearl Harbor was attacked before we were involved in a war. You're comparing soldiers killed while "training or walking to the PX" to soldiers killed while sleeping on a base while not at war.:dunno:
    Another reason our brave leader doesn't want the victims to get purple hearts is that it could stir up emotions and the [STRIKE]terrorist [/STRIKE]freedom fighter might not get as fair of a trial.

You need to make up you mind bro... if the guys deserve a Purple Heart, then the people that were injured/killed were attacked by an enemy combatant, meaning that he is entitled to protections under the rules of war. If he's a deranged criminal, then he van be tried under our system.
    Perhaps, since he is American, they want to put him on trial. :n00b:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I am a little surprised by this. Hasan was a jihadist. He attacked a US military installation in a terrorist attack. We have discovered he had frequent email exchanges with Awlaki.

So if the terrorist attack had occurred in Kandahar would your opinion be different? How does it occurring in our country mitigate it as a terrorist attack? These people weren't injured and killed in training. They didn't receive an injury by tripping and falling. They were shot by a person that was working with an al Qaeda operative.

No, he was an American soldier and should be tried for treason.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why are memories so short? No offense to anyone, but Maj. Hassan was not the first. Anyone remember the grenade attack on the company CP (101st ABN) in Kuwait? None of those wounded received a Purple Heart because it was a case of fratricide, just like this one.

In the case of green on blue, the PH is awarded only in the event of the US Service-members death. It can also be awarded in the case of friendly fire only if the injuries were sustained in the heat of battle with the intention of damaging the enemy.

PURPLE HEART CRITERIA - Recognize the Sacrifice

DING!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He'll, Sec of State John Kerry got THREE PH's for less than the terror victims of Ft Hood have gone through.

The only difference in the Ft Hood attack and 9/11 was that the attacker was wearing a USA uniform. Same cultist ideals and SAME terror group.

Hyperbole much? I'm going to say.... one year in the 'Nam > 1 day, on post, with a deranged guy shooting at you.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Hyperbole much? I'm going to say.... one year in the 'Nam > 1 day, on post, with a deranged guy shooting at you.

the POS Kerry only did something like 4 months in Nam and none of that in any real bad areas.

his most prolific abuse of the PH was when he shot a grenade launcher too close and his own shrapnel hit him in the arm. he wrote himself the PH award to get out of VN.

i remember watching the interview on this incident. funnt how sKerry's military record has yet to be released....

i also remember how that piece of excrement stated he threw his medals, no i mean "replicas" of his medals, no i really meant the medals of a fellow protester over the WH fence......

this guy is a scumbag thru and thru.

and Ft Hood survivors deserve the PH as they faced an ENEMY COMBATANT who just happened to be wearing the uniform of an Army Officer. when he decided to attack for islam and allah, he violated his oath and thus became the enemy, empowering the guidelines and meeting the criteria for awarding the PH.

Top Bottom