• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Just finished my Better Business Bureau claim... I really want Supervisor KC to be reprimanded for this. I didn't call him for financial advice so he needs to keep his comments to his self.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    ....ok maybe you shouldn't have asked for my advice on purchasing a gps hahaha.

funny-dog-pictures-need-directions.jpg

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The only complaint I have about mine is that it got me lost in Miller twice, but that's probably because nobody wants to go there to make sure the maps are up to date :):

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Just got off the phone with one of the big wigs from the TOM TOM corporate office. He called me in regards to my claim with the BBB. He informed me that he is on the case and he is trying to get the audio recording for review. So far so good!

On a side note, I cannot believe how fast the BBB works. I submitted my claim around 8 or 9pm last night. +1 for the BBB.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Just got off the phone with one of the big wigs from the TOM TOM corporate office. He called me in regards to my claim with the BBB. He informed me that he is on the case and he is trying to get the audio recording for review. So far so good!

On a side note, I cannot believe how fast the BBB works. I submitted my claim around 8 or 9pm last night. +1 for the BBB.
    Good deal! Keep us updated how it turns out.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Really? The problem is resolved? Where was I?

Brand name or manufacturer: TOM TOM
    Model name or number: XL 340 S
    Order, contract or
    account number : 308119398
    Salesperson's name:
    Primary Nature of Complaint:Customer Service Issues: The inappropriate behavior by customer service personnel
    Brief description of problem:I called TOMTOM about a product I ordered 12/30/09, then I canceled the order before it shipped and my money was refunded. Two weeks later UPS tried to deliver the product to me. I refused the shippment. I checked my bank account and the money had been taken out of my account for a second time. TOM TOM refused to refund my money until they have product back. (they never should have shipped it in the first place) I talked to Supervisor KC who turned out to be very rude. I told him that my daughters birthday party was this week and I had not budgeted for TOMTOM to take money from my bank account a second time for the product that I canceled. Supervisor KC proceded to tell me that I should learn to budget my money better since I knew I had my daughters birth day to pay for. I told him that he doesnt have the right to tell me how to budget my money. I finished our conversation by telling him that if he didnt have this problem fixed by the end of the day that we would have a problem and I could call my bank and contact the BBB. He told me that we had a problem then. I have called my bank and will be filing a dispute charge form. I dont like how they are handling the money situation and most of all I dont like the way the TOM TOM staff spoke to me.
    Settlement sought: Suporvisor KC needs to be held accountable for his actions. I would like to personally speak to KC's manager. I want an appoligy from KC.
    Primary settlement type:A Phone Call

SENT TO BUSINESS
    Sent On:01/12/2010
    Complaint Sent Via:Email

BUSINESS RESPONSE
    Response Date:01/13/2010
    Problem Adjusted:Yes
    Adjustment Type:Full Adjustment
    Response Details:Mr. Hofmann contacted the BBB in regards to an order that was placed for a new TomTom unit. Three purchase attempts were made all on the same day, and the third attempt was processed. Mr. Hofmann refused the unit from UPS, and through the tracking it should be delivered back to our warehouse tomorrow 1/14/10. We will be refunding Mr. Hofmann once the unit is processed at our warehouse. We have spoken to the customer directly and he is aware that everything is in process and appreciated the call.

CONSUMER REBUTTAL TO THE BUSINESS RESPONSE
    Rebuttal Date:01/13/2010
    Complaint Resolved:No
    Details:The reason it took three attempts to order was becasue the first two attempts were made using my CURRENT billing address (which the bank had incorrect), the third attempt was with my OLD billing address (which the bank still had as my current address). Regardless, this did NOT play a roll in how I was treated by the Supervisor that tried to give me financial advice on how I should not be buying a GPS if I know my daughters Birthday party is coming up. I am suprised to hear that Tom Tom feels this matter has been resolved. In their 'Business Response' they failed to mention anything about how the customer service staff treated me, how I canceled my order and my money was refunded and then taken back out of my bank account two weeks later becasue they shipped it to me anyways and how in their response it looks like just an ordering mistake on my part and Tom Tom was more than helpful to resolve the issue. They were not. I did get a phone call from Tom Tom's HQ and am awaiting a follow up call. The Tom Tom rep that I spoke with did apologize and said that he would try to get the voice recording from the call in question. Did you find that recording Tom Tom? After reading Tom Tom's response and them feeling the issue is resolved I do not feel confident that anything did or will happen with regard to my complaint. I will be contacting Tom Tom HQ to see why they feel this is resolved. If Tom Tom has a chance to rebuttal my rebuttal I would hope that they rethink and clearify the second time around. I am extremely disappointed and frustrated to have to post a rebuttal when I felt that everything was going to be taken care of after speaking with Tom Tom HQ.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    BUSINESS RESPONSE
    Response Date:01/13/2010
    Problem Adjusted:Yes
    Adjustment Type:Full Adjustment
    Response Details:Mr. Hofmann contacted the BBB in regards to an order that was placed for a new TomTom unit. Three purchase attempts were made all on the same day, and the third attempt was processed. Mr. Hofmann refused the unit from UPS, and through the tracking it should be delivered back to our warehouse tomorrow 1/14/10. We will be refunding Mr. Hofmann once the unit is processed at our warehouse. We have spoken to the customer directly and he is aware that everything is in process and appreciated the call.

I love how there is nothing about them messing up with either my order or the behavior of the supervisor. AMAZING!

Mr Clean

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    That Sucks

That sounds like the same bs my fiance went through at Christmas for a present of mine...hers was a "free shipping" until you have to return something and then they double dip you to get the correct product sent out.:dunno:

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Well that's it I guess, the ****er from Tom Tom would not own up to my allegations on BBB. His rebuttal added nothing to what he already said in his last statement. He's got a phone call coming for sure.

CONSUMER REBUTTAL TO THE BUSINESS RESPONSE
    Rebuttal Date:01/13/2010
    Complaint Resolved:NoDetails:The reason it took three attempts to order was becasue the first two attempts were made using my CURRENT billing address (which the bank had incorrect), the third attempt was with my OLD billing address (which the bank still had as my current address). Regardless, this did NOT play a roll in how I was treated by the Supervisor that tried to give me financial advice on how I should not be buying a GPS if I know my daughters Birthday party is coming up. I am suprised to hear that Tom Tom feels this matter has been resolved. In their 'Business Response' they failed to mention anything about how the customer service staff treated me, how I canceled my order and my money was refunded and then taken back out of my bank account two weeks later becasue they shipped it to me anyways and how in their response it looks like just an ordering mistake on my part and Tom Tom was more than helpful to resolve the issue. They were not. I did get a phone call from Tom Tom's HQ and am awaiting a follow up call. The Tom Tom rep that I spoke with did apologize and said that he would try to get the voice recording from the call in question. Did you find that recording Tom Tom? After reading Tom Tom's response and them feeling the issue is resolved I do not feel confident that anything did or will happen with regard to my complaint. I will be contacting Tom Tom HQ to see why they feel this is resolved. If Tom Tom has a chance to rebuttal my rebuttal I would hope that they rethink and clearify the second time around. I am extremely disappointed and frustrated to have to post a rebuttal when I felt that everything was going to be taken care of after speaking with Tom Tom HQ.

BUSINESS RESPONSE TO CONSUMER REBUTTAL
    FollowUp Date:01/14/2010
    Details:We have spoken to Mr. Hofmann in regards to the issues in question. We are expecting delivery of the product back to our warehouse. Once it arrives, Mr. Hofmann will be refunded in full as the package was refused. We have spoken to Mr. Hofmann in this regard and he is aware of the situation and his refund.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    So anyone that would like to express to Tom Tom that they are not going to be buying their products after hearing this feel free to contact Cole @ 978-287-9555. Anyone that already has one or still plans to buy one good luck. I hope you never have to call the customer abuse line for help.:D

Top Bottom