• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Didn't think to get video. Wife snapped these pictures. She was struggling with a big kitchen knife trying to cut it, so I told her to hang on I'd take care of it. Returned from the garage with the Junglas. She couldn't believe that I was about to cut it with a "machete" as she called it. It did the job way better than the kitchen knifes.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Didn't think to get video. Wife snapped these pictures. She was struggling with a big kitchen knife trying to cut it, so I told her to hang on I'd take care of it. Returned from the garage with the Junglas. She couldn't believe that I was about to cut it with a "machete" as she called it. It did the job way better than the kitchen knifes.

You did a Man's Work with a Man's Knife, sir.

Kudos.

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    Becker BK9. I have the RTAK II also and that's a real nice chopper too, but the handle shape/micarta isn't very comfortable on my hand. I had the Junglas and didn't like it.
    My ESEE-5 is an outstanding chopper for small branches and isn't so big it limbs or spacial restrictions aren't a problem.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    If I'm splitting a few pieces I'll baton. If j am splitting serious firewood I'm swinging the axe. Much easier and less energy expended.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    These are going for $350-550 on Ebay. May not want to do your landscaping with it.

I had never heard of this until I stumbled on this thread! Like rhino, I also now want to go out and baton some wood chunks! :):

Would this knife work? It was brought home from WWII by my dad. I've used it to split up perennials, but haven't split any wood with it. Any concerns?

Top Bottom