• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I have three different battery systems. I have eGo for lawn tools. They are bigger and need more juice. I have Ryobi 18v, which I started with because my needs generally are not very severe for power tools. Then I added DeWalt 20v because they have a framing nailer and 9ga stapler that are frickin awesome for maintaining my pasture fence. Any new power tools are DeWalt now.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I am concerned with the Amazon warranty thing
    I think you have to watch who the actual seller is and make sure they are an authorized dealer. You might have to contact the seller to confirm.

Many of the home improvement stores will deliver now to combat their sales losses to online buyers. I just checked in the Lowe's app and they have free delivery for the eGo trimmer. Says delivery by 5/10, not Amazon fast, but free and Lowe's is an authorized dealer.

In a pinch most will bring it out to your vehicle and you won't even have to go inside.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I think you have to watch who the actual seller is and make sure they are an authorized dealer. You might have to contact the seller to confirm.

Many of the home improvement stores will deliver now to combat their sales losses to online buyers. I just checked in the Lowe's app and they have free delivery for the eGo trimmer. Says delivery by 5/10, not Amazon fast, but free and Lowe's is an authorized dealer.

In a pinch most will bring it out to your vehicle and you won't even have to go inside.
    eGo has their own store on Amazon, so I wouldn't worry about buying from them.

This is another authorized dealer I have dealt with in the past when I couldn't find what I wanted.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have a Ryobi that has worked well for me. It has an excellent battery life as well.
    I had a Ryobi maybe 20 years ago. It worked the most like a gas trimmer than any other I’ve ever used. Battery life was kinda meh. But for no more trimming than I had to do then, it was adequate. And expected how long ago that was. I really liked it, until it died after just a year.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    E-go. Have the leaf blower and it’s great. Read about the trimmer. Balance and worked well. Don’t have one yet.. 56 volt.. many other tools that use the same batteries. I’m sure there are plenty of other brands. Price range?? Good hunting
    I have an EGO now and That’s pretty good. Battery life is great. I also have the blower. Used to have the mower to get the parts of the yard that the tractor can’t go. It died. I still have the battery for it, which works well for the string trimmer and blower.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...In a pinch most will bring it out to your vehicle and you won't even have to go inside.

This is where I've gotten complacent or lazy, whichever you want to call it. Why even put keys in the car, much less pay for gas or shuffle things around to try to get a larger box loaded? Why take an hour or two of my time to do it all, risking distracted driver crashes and dealing with store staff?

If Amazon or other reputable big box stores will ship for free, that is where my business will go.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Frickin awesome. I cut a piece of line, pull it through the head, push a button, and it loads the line. No more taking the head off and trying to wind new line around the head and get it back on without the line loosening and getting tangled.
    Agreed. Love that feature.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm thinking this Amazon seller is the eGo company itself, right? Shouldn't be any warranty questions with that, right?

1651865263073.png

OK, just checked. eGo's site links to this Amazon URL as a recommendation for how to purchase online. Whoever had issues with this in the past must have used an obscure Amazon seller?

I notice the eGo trimmer/blower combo doesn't have the trimmer with powerload line feed or extendable shaft. Should I buy these devices separately for the fancy line loading and handle, or does it really matter that much?

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    This is where I've gotten complacent or lazy, whichever you want to call it. Why even put keys in the car, much less pay for gas or shuffle things around to try to get a larger box loaded? Why take an hour or two of my time to do it all, risking distracted driver crashes and dealing with store staff?
    A couple of times I've ordered from Best Buy and they had free same day delivery. At current gas prices I'm fine with them bringing my stuff to me.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How long did the mower last, I'm thinking about one for my next mower.
    It wasn’t a bad mower and it served its role. We probably had it 4 or 5 years. It’s pretty much all plastic. We used it on fairly rough terrain. The wife accidentally hit a fairly large rock and it cracked the plastic. It was pretty much toast after that. But I still have a positive opinion of it.

I’d estimate that the area we typically mowed with it was ~12000 sqft or so. We could get that done on a full charge. I still use the battery from the mower to power the trimmer and the blower. Still works fine.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm thinking this Amazon seller is the eGo company itself, right? Shouldn't be any warranty questions with that, right?

View attachment 199159

OK, just checked. eGo's site links to this Amazon URL as a recommendation for how to purchase online. Whoever had issues with this in the past must have used an obscure Amazon seller?

I notice the eGo trimmer/blower combo doesn't have the trimmer with powerload line feed or extendable shaft. Should I buy these devices separately for the fancy line loading and handle, or does it really matter that much?

That combo also has one battery. I got the higher end blower Tha became with a 5 amp battery, and my trimmer with the power feed came with a 2.5 amp battery.

Just depends on your wants and needs on the tools and the batteries to buy the combo or not.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I have 2 5ah batteries that were in a snowblower I bought for cheap.. sold the snowblower and kept the batteries.. buy off season items! I have a large yard and it beats raking. I also use the blower for many things.. dusting the house when the wife’s not home!.. yard work.. clean horse trailers out.. the barn and garage.. clean the dogs off when they go to the woods.. dryer vents.. it’s a multi tool

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have 2 5ah batteries that were in a snowblower I bought for cheap.. sold the snowblower and kept the batteries.. buy off season items! I have a large yard and it beats taking.. I also use the blower for many things.. dusting the house when the wife’s not home!.. yard work.. clean horse trailers out.. the barn and garage.. clean the dogs off when they go to the woods.. dryer vents.. it’s a multi tool

These are great ideas! Love the house dusting idea. How many times do I grab a broom, when the blower would work?

I have gutters that need blown out a few times a year. The corded blower turns that job into more of a chore than a grab and go blower might be. I have a gutter cleaner kit for the corded blower, but it's not a perfect match, duct tape required.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have 2 5ah batteries that were in a snowblower I bought for cheap.. sold the snowblower and kept the batteries.. buy off season items! I have a large yard and it beats taking.. I also use the blower for many things.. dusting the house when the wife’s not home!.. yard work.. clean horse trailers out.. the barn and garage.. clean the dogs off when they go to the woods.. dryer vents.. it’s a multi tool

Just one of those axioms I've learned after nearly 40 years of marriage. For important tasks around the home that need to get done however I get them done, what she doesn't know won't hurt me.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Are you folks all dedicated OEM only batteries for your tools or has anyone had luck with the (much cheaper) aftermarket batteries and or chargers?

Yes, I have watched youtubes, and read Amazon reviews mostly trashing aftermarket stuff. Also seen that they worked out for some.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Are you folks all dedicated OEM only batteries for your tools or has anyone had luck with the (much cheaper) aftermarket batteries and or chargers?

Yes, I have watched youtubes, and read Amazon reviews mostly trashing aftermarket stuff. Also seen that they worked out for some.

Have a very old Craftsman 19.2v set with a drill, trim saw, reciprocating saw and light. Batteries went bad many many years ago. I'm subscribed to a YouTube channel that's mostly about mowers, but he had a video about these replacement batteries for his Craftsman tools and how they were great. He had the same set of tools I did. I ordered the exact same batteries and the charger to go with them and it's like I have a brand new set of tools! Lithium ion batteries instead of the original nimh. After two years they are still great.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Have a very old Craftsman 19.2v set with a drill, trim saw, reciprocating saw and light. Batteries went bad many many years ago. I'm subscribed to a YouTube channel that's mostly about mowers, but he had a video about these replacement batteries for his Craftsman tools and how they were great. He had the same set of tools I did. I ordered the exact same batteries and the charger to go with them and it's like I have a brand new set of tools! Lithium ion batteries instead of the original nimh. After two years they are still great.
    Which aftermarket batteries? I'm still using the 19.2 stuff as well. For what it's worth my 19.2 trimmer is 10+ years old and still going strong. I did just spring for a new OEM 6ah battery this spring, but it was $75

Last edited:

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    EGO for me. Skeptical at first but the trimmer and blower have proven themselves for me. Battery life is great and the string power load is well worth it. Bought mine from Ace Hardware

Top Bottom