Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Battle in the Bluegrass at Blue Grass Sportsmen's League

April 8-9 (Fri or Sat)
    One day format
    Waitlist started

Level II USPSA Single Stack & Production only, 9 stages plus Chrono.
    Match Fee $100
    Match T-shirts $15

I am not associated with the event but it is close enough for a road trip and makes a nice compliment to the 2016 Indiana SS PRO REV State Championship at Atlanta two weeks later. Saturday was full 15 minutes after registration opened but I am on the waitlist.

Direct link below for registration page. You will still need to register to be put on the waitlist, but will not have to pay until you've officially gotten into the match.

Match Registration: 2016 Battle in the Bluegrass VII | Blue Grass Sportsmen's League

Match Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BattleintheBluegrassVII/

Sponsor Page: 2016 Battle in the Bluegrass VII Sponsors | Blue Grass Sportsmen's League

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I'm shooting it Friday, they said it would fill up fast but that was crazy

I wonder what the deal is with that?
    Went the last couple years & it was a nice match, particularly if you prefer more up close and fast (people get testy when you say hoser for some reason) shooting, but there are a lot of nice matches to choose from.
    Maybe it is the prize table or time of year or just sort of located central to a lot of shooters ?

Oh, first year I went it was a Friday, our squad had to reshoot two stages over stage procedure stuff (having too many r.o.'s on a squad is not neccessarily a good thing) & by the time we got to lunch all that was left was beans and coleslaw. Probably not something that will happen again, but it taught me to bring something just in case.

kevinm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Charlestown
    I'm working it this year see you all there. A lot of people shoot this to practice up for the single stack Nationals in the production nationals..

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I wonder what the deal is with that?
    Went the last couple years & it was a nice match, particularly if you prefer more up close and fast (people get testy when you say hoser for some reason) shooting, but there are a lot of nice matches to choose from.
    Maybe it is the prize table or time of year or just sort of located central to a lot of shooters ?

Oh, first year I went it was a Friday, our squad had to reshoot two stages over stage procedure stuff (having too many r.o.'s on a squad is not neccessarily a good thing) & by the time we got to lunch all that was left was beans and coleslaw. Probably not something that will happen again, but it taught me to bring something just in case.

I had 5 reshoots myself the year I went. Almost ran out of ammo and there seemed to be several interpretations of the same rules

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I shot it last year on Saturday. It was a great match but not managed that well. 1 of the 10 stages got thrown out for constant range equipment failure. So instead of taking the 10 shooters on the squad that started on the stage that got thrown out and adding 1 or 2 of them to others squads they decided to let them stay as a group and every stage you got to had 1 or 2 squads waiting to shoot and 1 squad shooting the stage. It was a cluster **** and made the match run 2 hours longer then expected.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    I had a similar experience when I shot it two years ago. Got to our stage and literally everything had been blown over since nothing was staked down. Had to reset everything before we could start shooting. Multiple reshoots throughout the day due to targets blowing over. It was a little windy but nothing out of the usual. A few stakes would have solved most of the issues. The two staff shot with us (Friday) so we had to help with scoring.

Nothing against the guys and gals that put it on. They just seemed a bit short handed. Hopefully with the increased popularity, they'll get more help. The range is great. The stages were fun. It is good timing as it's usually the start of spring in that area and it was the first match with nice weather I had shot that year. That said, I haven't bothered to go back since it is a decent drive and we have good matches around here as well. If I was in the southern part of the state, I'd go back.

Top Bottom